I almost think Halo 4 is a test game.

#1SterlingFoxPosted 4/3/2013 6:55:39 AM
I think 343 knew that the next Xbox was coming within a year or so, so rather than developing a good Halo game and supporting it fully they decided to use it as a test bed for their ideas to see what works and doesn't work, and what is popular and unpopular. Kind of like someone went up to them and said, "Well, the fans expect a Halo game. So we'll give them one, but don't take it seriously. Save the effort for the next console."

It would make sense why most of the game has a lot of concepts that feel generally low quality and unfinished, why most of their ideas are horrible but they don't seem to give a **** about the feedback on them for Halo 4, why they don't seem to be giving the game much support outside of generally bad playlist updates, and would explain why most their DLC maps feel similar and sort of slapped together.

They're focusing most on Spartan Ops, which is something they can continue into the next gen.

Its just a theory and despite how that's bull**** and **** 343, its honestly what I'm hoping for. I want to believe that Halo 4 isn't the best 343's got and that the next game will be a lot better.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#2Sephiroth9704Posted 4/3/2013 7:15:50 AM
i literally just read this topic and now im fully erect
#3enterthemadroxPosted 4/3/2013 7:41:08 AM
But why should it be a "test game" just because a minority of the players actively playing Halo 4 don't like anything 343 have done with it?

If this is a test game then every Halo game that Bungie made must've been a test game since I honestly think 4 is the best and actually enjoyable/playable. I mean, I'm only one man and sharing one opinion so it must be factually correct, right?
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#4BeastlyIguanaPosted 4/3/2013 8:54:44 AM
Sephiroth9704 posted...

u nd me in the back now
---
Voth tu ahrk spaan.
#5FatboySlimfastPosted 4/3/2013 9:01:33 AM
I've wondered the same thing but not because I think badly of Halo 4 - I just feel that people will want/expect Halo 5 to be released at or near the release of Xbox [720]. If that's the case, then 343 would need to have been dedicating resources to Halo 5 even while Halo 4 was still being developed.
---
Xbox Live gamertag: JayZebra
#6SomnambulisticPosted 4/3/2013 9:03:38 AM
Honestly after playing Halo 4 I see everything in the perspective that there's nowhere for this series to go but up at this point.
---
[ DAYS GONE BYE ]
Waiting for a new UT/UC game.
#7-Jammo-Posted 4/3/2013 9:12:57 AM
Halo 4 is my favorite Halo so far so 343 has nothing but my respect right now. If this is a test game, I have nothing but high hopes for Halo 5.
---
"The truth is never a laughing matter." bigdsd08
A wise proverb. Nothing in real life is worth smiling over...ever. LOL
#8ODommPosted 4/3/2013 9:26:42 AM
Sephiroth9704 posted...

Really? I'm only half chub. I don't know how you do it Cloud18273strife291snoper
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~No, he doesn't row.~~
#9Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/3/2013 10:12:52 AM
With that logic halo 5 will be amazing.
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#10SterlingFox(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 2:21:40 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
But why should it be a "test game" just because a minority of the players actively playing Halo 4 don't like anything 343 have done with it?

If this is a test game then every Halo game that Bungie made must've been a test game since I honestly think 4 is the best and actually enjoyable/playable. I mean, I'm only one man and sharing one opinion so it must be factually correct, right?

The Majority of players, actually.

"The minority of active players" is you intentionally making the amount smaller than it is. The reality is that the majority of players played the game, saw the changes, disliked them and eventually quit. Hence the low online population.

I don't know why you're so offended by my post, enough to be sarcastic about how you wrongly think I'm stating anything here is fact.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp