whats with the interuptions in mp?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. whats with the interuptions in mp?
2 years ago#1
Match keeps pausing and saying "starting game" then starts up again after a while
2 years ago#2
One of two things happens when everyone is thrown into black screen.

1) The person who's connection is hosting the game, has left the game (they either rage quit, or got booted from betraying someone). Once the host leaves, the game has to find what it thinks is the next best host.

2) The host's connection was so awful for everyone, that the game tries to find a better host in the middle of the match. Whenever this is the case, the game flip flops between hosts fairly often it seems, and you'll be spending a lot of time in black screen due to this.
2 years ago#3
That stinks, it really ruins the pace of the game, but Ty for the info.
2 years ago#4
How come sometimes when I go to a black screen I come back dead? The other day me and a guest both had great weapons at the end of a match that was tied and when we came back we were both respawning, making us lose. Can others come back faster and kill us while we are still waiting? I have a terrible internet connection so could that be it?
2 years ago#5
MrFish86 posted...
One of two things happens when everyone is thrown into black screen.

1) The person who's connection is hosting the game, has left the game (they either rage quit, or got booted from betraying someone). Once the host leaves, the game has to find what it thinks is the next best host.

2) The host's connection was so awful for everyone, that the game tries to find a better host in the middle of the match. Whenever this is the case, the game flip flops between hosts fairly often it seems, and you'll be spending a lot of time in black screen due to this.
lol kind hard for me to believe number 2 .since I am a host with max speed from comcast . it comes down to the other players speed NOT matching my speed that causes that black screen .with that the server boots me and goes to a host with way worst connecting speed .that in turn causes lag and red levels next to our gamertags .while in game as well as the black screen
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
2 years ago#6
add-on to other post .another reason you get that screen is jip jioning your game.was just having a great game .till a jip .came in made the server do a search for better host and went red level whole match went from 1st to third in the last minutes of the match all thanks to the dumb hey lets pick a better hosting system this game has.I would be upset if I was taking this game serious.but since I am not who cares
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. whats with the interuptions in mp?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived