Why do people rage so hard when they lose?

#1piccolo1104Posted 4/4/2013 11:40:53 AM
I played a few games this morning, and after one of them some random guy on the losing team sent me this message:

ur lucky i wasnt der at d start of da game n my team was s*** n down 200 wen i got bak cus u lot r s*** 1v1 i destroyed u all i only died 5 times wen i came bak 7 wen i wasnt der u lot got saved by ur team m8s 1v1 n find out wat happeneds 1st game aswell

If someone's upset that a teammate was betraying them or something like that I could maybe understand a message and then a negative player review to avoid them, but why do people get so angry just because they lost a game? I went back to the video to see how "amazing" he was, and it was pretty pathetic. He would start a 1v1, hide when his shields went down, let a teammate finish off the kill, and then go bag the enemy. Anyone else have any great messages from the "elite" players of Halo?
---
'I' before 'E' except after 'C' and whenever the Hell we feel like it because we just like to make things up in English. - nudojudo
#2ODommPosted 4/4/2013 11:52:18 AM
Because winning in Halo is VERY important.
I lose sleep at night.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~No, he doesn't row.~~
#3CrazycatdudePosted 4/4/2013 12:01:43 PM
Welcome to Xbox Live
---
There is nothing in the world more helpless, depraved, and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an RPG binge.
#4LagStrafePosted 4/4/2013 12:06:00 PM
ODomm posted...
Because winning in Halo is VERY important.
I lose sleep at night.

Because of this ^^
---
lagstrafe/youtube.com
#5bd0g5Posted 4/4/2013 12:59:05 PM
What was his gamertag?
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#6Oblivion_HeroPosted 4/4/2013 7:29:32 PM
People generally don't like losing, and the internet usually lets you act like a bigger ass and get away with doing that more than you could in day to day life if you so choose.

Or, if tl;dr

Crazycatdude posted...
Welcome to Xbox Live

---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#7shinigamiefaPosted 4/4/2013 9:13:27 PM
Knowing that I contributed in making someone angry to the point of raging and getting frustrated is what keeps me motivated.
---
---"One does never fail, but succeed in finding a solution that does not arrive at the desired result"---
#8balmung2100Posted 4/4/2013 9:25:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx3ISVBifM0

Nobody can rage harder than those people.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#9SterlingFoxPosted 4/4/2013 10:34:21 PM
You guys act like this is the majority.

For every person you've met who's sent you a angry message, you've met like 200 others who haven't.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#10xoAxeloxPosted 4/4/2013 11:12:38 PM
cuz they nerds
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL