3 years ago#1
How exciting! Halo 4 now has less people playing it than Modern Warfare 3, a game released over a year ago that has to compete with a direct sequel.
*commences slow clap*
3 years ago#2
I don't get why people live and die on how many people are playing. Shouldn't it only matter if YOU are playing?
I mean, as long as the MP population doesn't drop to less than triple digits (which it never will), it doesn't matter. Find something else to care about instead of XBL Top Ten Played Games. Leave it alone.
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
3 years ago#3
I was about to say inb4excuses but I was too slow. .
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
3 years ago#4
Here come the TROLLS!
(Topic Creator)3 years ago#5
I played today. It was boring. Snipers was fun for a bit. God this game sucks.
3 years ago#6
Black Ops 2 is a direct sequel to Modern Warfare 3? Wha?
Side note, I wonder what the real numbers would be. Like if they only went by who's playing multiplayer online, rather than by just people playing the game period.
3 years ago#7
Halo Reach was the same way..... though it was obviously more popular than Halo 4 it still lost to both Call of Duty's that were released around it.
(Topic Creator)3 years ago#8
You know what I meant!
EDIT: I'm watching Halo 3 gameplays (because I'm a miserable ******* who wallows in nostalgia) and holy crap, the thing's these people can do with the sniper rifle.
3 years ago#9
You know what I meant!
I know, I'm just yanking your chain lol
The evolution of the "Halo 4 is doing fine! Its a great game!" excuses is funny actually. The people supporting the game just have to keep giving more and more ground and finding new reasons why the game isn't doing shamefully bad for a Halo game.
Like we've gone from
- "343 did a great job! Everybody loves it! You're just a troll", and then the population started DRASTICALLY decreasing within like a month.
- Then it went to "People just started School. It's doing fine, people just can't be on as much." until Winter Break, when there was little to no increase in players.
- Then it went to "It'll pick up after Chrismas", and instead it just lost players.
- Then it went to "It'll pick up after Crimson Map Pack releases", which it did for like 3 days until it actually lost more players because of it.
- Then it went to "Its doing fine! The numbers are just calculated differently" and "Its just got more competition than other Halo games" until it became fact that no, Reach was basically the same.
- Then now we've actually gotten to the point where people defending it are just like "**** it, yes. Its doing badly. But... that's okay, right?"
Its funny in a sad kind of way.
3 years ago#10
I don't think that's a surprise to anyone. The absence of many classic playlists and forge maps made the game stale quick, unless you're a diehard Halo fan. It only took them 6 months to put the X back on that people complained about since day 1. Oh, and you can't see your competitive rank, unlike BO2 ;P