So how often does anyone actually use the spartan laser?

#1MustavusPosted 4/7/2013 9:11:23 AM
It seems like its only real niche is killing vehicles from a vantage point. If you're actually sniping, the DMR's roughly as effective and far easier to use, if you're anywhere near a vehicle you're better off with... well any other explosive, really.

Perhaps more to the point, what motivates someone to pick the SL from an ordinance drop?
---
...and that's how I came to be known as the Flourescent Haberdasher.
#2J053F12335Posted 4/7/2013 9:23:41 AM
Masochism
---
Hiiii
#3BeekBeekDanPosted 4/7/2013 9:24:51 AM
The only time I call in a sl is if there's a bunch of vehicles around. The only time I think it would be effective for killing Spartans is when they arefar away and you know they will just hide after shooting them with a dmr. This way if you keep the laser off them when charging you can kill them before they hide
#4JaidabeccaPosted 4/7/2013 9:27:24 AM
Well, for starters, I use it because it's my favorite weapon in HALO by far.

Second, I use it on infantry if there are no enemy vehicles out.

Third, I use it if I'm not going for any particular weapon Commendation or I didn't get the choice for a weapon I still need the Commendation for(which at this point is only Needler, Fuel Rod, Concussion Rifle, & Beam Rifle).
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#5enterthemadroxPosted 4/7/2013 9:41:21 AM
I barely use them because I know I'll never get a kill with it. I'll either be killed trying to use it or I'll run out of ammo and have to ditch it without making a dent on anyone due to its slow charge and people moving slightly to the left or right just as I fire it.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#6Spoke_WreckerPosted 4/7/2013 9:48:21 AM
I've actually killed more infantry with it than people in vehicles. It's great for Banshee control or taking out a hog, but nothing is as satisfying as frying someone across the map with it while they jump dodge and try to strafe away from the laser.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#7darren19822000Posted 4/7/2013 9:51:03 AM
i think in the last week i have gone from 4 lazer kills to being in the 3/5 catagory for commedations. mainly used for BTB on exile
---
gt darren reefnugs
#8Spoke_WreckerPosted 4/7/2013 9:52:20 AM
BTB Exile is the easiest map to pick up almost every single weapon commendation there is. Being populated 90% by idiots and people that don't know how to FPS certainly helps that.
---
What do I look like Mr Frank-****-For-Free? No doe, Hoe? You can't **** with me
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ -- GT: Spidux
#9BlueRunway05Posted 4/7/2013 2:34:22 PM
Not much as Reach for Halo 4. It's really hard to take out non-vehicular players with it.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#10Wookie_Is_BackPosted 4/8/2013 2:44:23 AM
It was better when it one shot tanks.