Why Halo 4 Multiplayer Doesn't Get Played as Much as Call of Duty

#1KazamaKojinraiPosted 4/7/2013 9:19:10 AM
Because the level cap 130 is easy to reach and once you reach it you get discouraged from playing anymore. In contrast Call of Duty's level-cap takes about 200 hours of playtime to reach. I bet if they had some sort of prestige-system along with lots of unlocks at different levels the multiplayer would have twice the population that it does now.
---
SSF4 clan: Team SIN
Dragon Lord rank: Jin Kazama | http://www.youtube.com/user/KyojiroInc
#2Demigod_ElessarPosted 4/7/2013 9:42:16 AM
Perhaps.

Personally, I don't understand why people like to prestige. In the CoD's I've played (haven't played one since the first Black Ops), I would prestige the first time, and usually just to get the extra custom class.

I don't see the point in prestige: losing EVERYTHING that you've gained, just to level again? I don't know, might just be me, but it seems pointless after the first time. Then again, the guns I preferred to use were obtained at high levels, so that automatically right there is why I didn't prefer to prestige.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#3KazamaKojinrai(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2013 9:56:24 AM
It gives people a (false) sense of accomplishment every time they level up, so it encourages them to keep playing rather than reselling the game to GameStop. A prestige system lets them balance the no-life players who play online for 300+ hours with the casual-players who will only play online for 30 hours tops. The casual players would be pissed if they had to play for 300 hours to unlock everything, and the no-life players would be pissed if they couldn't level up anymore after playing for 30 hours, so a prestige-system solves that problem.
---
SSF4 clan: Team SIN
Dragon Lord rank: Jin Kazama | http://www.youtube.com/user/KyojiroInc
#4elitewarrior500Posted 4/7/2013 9:57:40 AM
because its so easy to get kills and anyone can have a really wtf good game
---
#5SunDevil77Posted 4/7/2013 9:59:39 AM
Because it doesn't have Call of Duty in the name
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#6iRGushPosted 4/7/2013 10:02:53 AM
Yes, people hitting 130 too fast is the exact reason people stopped playing halo 4
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#7RAGEface14Posted 4/7/2013 10:03:11 AM
No, from all the Call of Duty fans I've talked to, the general complaints are "It's not realistic", "It takes too long to kill someone", and "It doesn't take any skill."
---
RAGEface14
It's ya boy JohnnyCakes
#8PufTheMgicDingoPosted 4/7/2013 10:36:35 AM
KazamaKojinrai posted...
It gives people a (false) sense of accomplishment every time they level up, so it encourages them to keep playing rather than reselling the game to GameStop. A prestige system lets them balance the no-life players who play online for 300+ hours with the casual-players who will only play online for 30 hours tops. The casual players would be pissed if they had to play for 300 hours to unlock everything, and the no-life players would be pissed if they couldn't level up anymore after playing for 30 hours, so a prestige-system solves that problem.

Wow, I never noticed that before, it does benefit the nerds and the casuals. That's devilishly genius.
#9bd0g5Posted 4/7/2013 10:59:56 AM
No one gives a **** about SR in the first place though
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#10LoneWolf4545Posted 4/7/2013 11:03:14 AM
Then what is your reasoning for reach and halo 3?

Though I shouldn't say 3 when it was more popular until a new cod came out three years later.
---
GT: swkids