Why Halo 4 Multiplayer Doesn't Get Played as Much as Call of Duty

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why Halo 4 Multiplayer Doesn't Get Played as Much as Call of Duty

User Info: KazamaKojinrai

KazamaKojinrai
3 years ago#1
Because the level cap 130 is easy to reach and once you reach it you get discouraged from playing anymore. In contrast Call of Duty's level-cap takes about 200 hours of playtime to reach. I bet if they had some sort of prestige-system along with lots of unlocks at different levels the multiplayer would have twice the population that it does now.
SSF4 clan: Team SIN
Dragon Lord rank: Jin Kazama | http://www.youtube.com/user/KyojiroInc

User Info: Demigod_Elessar

Demigod_Elessar
3 years ago#2
Perhaps.

Personally, I don't understand why people like to prestige. In the CoD's I've played (haven't played one since the first Black Ops), I would prestige the first time, and usually just to get the extra custom class.

I don't see the point in prestige: losing EVERYTHING that you've gained, just to level again? I don't know, might just be me, but it seems pointless after the first time. Then again, the guns I preferred to use were obtained at high levels, so that automatically right there is why I didn't prefer to prestige.
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar

User Info: KazamaKojinrai

KazamaKojinrai
3 years ago#3
It gives people a (false) sense of accomplishment every time they level up, so it encourages them to keep playing rather than reselling the game to GameStop. A prestige system lets them balance the no-life players who play online for 300+ hours with the casual-players who will only play online for 30 hours tops. The casual players would be pissed if they had to play for 300 hours to unlock everything, and the no-life players would be pissed if they couldn't level up anymore after playing for 30 hours, so a prestige-system solves that problem.
SSF4 clan: Team SIN
Dragon Lord rank: Jin Kazama | http://www.youtube.com/user/KyojiroInc

User Info: elitewarrior500

elitewarrior500
3 years ago#4
because its so easy to get kills and anyone can have a really wtf good game

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#5
Because it doesn't have Call of Duty in the name
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

User Info: iRGush

iRGush
3 years ago#6
Yes, people hitting 130 too fast is the exact reason people stopped playing halo 4
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

User Info: RAGEface14

RAGEface14
3 years ago#7
No, from all the Call of Duty fans I've talked to, the general complaints are "It's not realistic", "It takes too long to kill someone", and "It doesn't take any skill."
RAGEface14
It's ya boy JohnnyCakes

User Info: PufTheMgicDingo

PufTheMgicDingo
3 years ago#8
KazamaKojinrai posted...
It gives people a (false) sense of accomplishment every time they level up, so it encourages them to keep playing rather than reselling the game to GameStop. A prestige system lets them balance the no-life players who play online for 300+ hours with the casual-players who will only play online for 30 hours tops. The casual players would be pissed if they had to play for 300 hours to unlock everything, and the no-life players would be pissed if they couldn't level up anymore after playing for 30 hours, so a prestige-system solves that problem.

Wow, I never noticed that before, it does benefit the nerds and the casuals. That's devilishly genius.

User Info: bd0g5

bd0g5
3 years ago#9
No one gives a **** about SR in the first place though
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo

User Info: LoneWolf4545

LoneWolf4545
3 years ago#10
Then what is your reasoning for reach and halo 3?

Though I shouldn't say 3 when it was more popular until a new cod came out three years later.
GT: swkids
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Why Halo 4 Multiplayer Doesn't Get Played as Much as Call of Duty

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived