How often do DLC maps appear? Worth buying?

#1cantdoit2Posted 4/8/2013 7:35:11 AM
I am interested in buying the Castle map pack. However, I have heard that the crimson and majestic maps don't appear very often? Is this true? If so, what is the point in purchasing the new maps?
#2MrFish86Posted 4/8/2013 7:52:19 AM(edited)
the Majestic map pack appears very often. That being said, I do tend to play game types that use smaller maps, so I can only really talk about the majestic map pack. When I do play game types with larger maps, I don't run into the new maps as often. I think it also has to do with the Crimson map pack being awful, and the Majestic map pack being amazing though. More people that buy it, the more that they show up. If you have to buy 1 map pack, Majestic is what I recommend. However, if you do prefer large maps, the Castle map pack would be a better choice.

Also, you might want to wait until Friday...

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/08/halo-4-castle-map-pack/
#3ARsignal11Posted 4/8/2013 7:57:58 AM
I have both and they appear somewhat regularly. Sometimes you'll go through a dry spell when they don't seem to appear and other times, its the only maps that you'll ever see, haha.

From what I understand, the Halo 4 matchmaking works in such a way that it tries to match you with other people that have the map packs.
#4cantdoit2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 7:59:04 AM
Ok, cool. I'll probably download the castle map sometime today.