Why is CSR not viewable in game?

#1CHLLLPenguinPosted 4/9/2013 10:46:59 AM
Is it just me or does having to go onto a website/app to view a rank make it even more meaningless? Why isn't it next to your name in game like it was in Halo 2 and 3?

It just feels unnecessary and makes my will to get a 50 lower even more.
#2darealest47Posted 4/9/2013 10:49:51 AM
As Comissioner of H4 I will simply say...deal with it.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#3tubb311Posted 4/9/2013 10:55:26 AM
Obviously it would be nice to just see it in game, but i really have no problem with looking at my phone between matches.
#4HaloODSTDPosted 4/9/2013 10:56:48 AM
forces you to sign up onto waypoint
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo PSN: Rutgers Student
Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz I 256MB I Intel(R) 82845G Graphic Video I 64 MB Memory
#5CHLLLPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 11:07:20 AM
HaloODSTD posted...

Thats the only reason I can think of, and that makes me even more angry.

I'll deal with it by not buying/supporting the product. There's a reason why Halo 4 is being beat in LIVE activity by 2 CoDs, Minecraft, and a soccer game.

I remember the days where my friends list was almost all Halo players that got on all the time and loved it. Now its rare to see more than 2 on at the same time. They wonder why this is happening, well reasons like this is why. There's literally no reason why that number cant be viewable in game, unless they're trying to force people to use Waypoint.

Addding CSR is more geared to the hardcore Halo players and after all the crap they've gone through with Reach's multiplayer being horrible, not having 50s in the start of Halo 4, CoDifying your game with weapon drops you earn through acquiring points, not having theater be co op friendly, ect. And now you make them log onto your site/app to view a number that should of been there on launch? Give me a break.

I love the Halo series and Halo 4 is a good game, but some of the decisions made since Halo 3 have blown my mind.
#6tubb311Posted 4/9/2013 11:11:42 AM
HaloODSTD posted...

What does that mean? if you have xbox live you already have a microsoft account to login to waypoint. not to mention, I don't think you have to be logged in to view stats. Its inconvenient at its worst.
#7CHLLLPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 11:24:21 AM
tubb311 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...

What does that mean? if you have xbox live you already have a microsoft account to login to waypoint. not to mention, I don't think you have to be logged in to view stats. Its inconvenient at its worst.

If you want to view your CSR rank on the Xbox you literally have to exit Halo 4, go to the Waypoint app and load it up to see a number.

In Halo 2 and 3 that number was next to your name, where it should be. I could see right after the game whether I ranked up/down, see my friend's rank and whether they went up/down, and also see my competition's rank all on the same screen in the game that I'm obviously already looking at.

Now you'd have to say "brb guys I have to leave the video game I'm playing to go onto an app for the same video game to view a number, then leave said app and start up the same video game I had to leave in the first place all to view a number. This doesn't even account for if you want to see if your friend ranked up/down.

The time it took me to see my rank, my friends rank, and everyone else's rank in a match in Halo 2 and 3: 1 second.

The time it takes me to view said ranks in Halo 4:
If im doing it on the Xbox- minutes
If I'm on my computer/phone: The time it takes for Waypoint to get notification of the completed game and update the site + computer/app loading times.

It's like devolving. The system they had in 2004 on a previous console was better than it is in 2013. Makes no sense.
#8tubb311Posted 4/9/2013 11:29:37 AM
CHLLLPenguin posted...
tubb311 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...

If you want to view your CSR rank on the Xbox you literally have to exit Halo 4, go to the Waypoint app and load it up to see a number.

In Halo 2 and 3 that number was next to your name, where it should be. I could see right after the game whether I ranked up/down, see my friend's rank and whether they went up/down, and also see my competition's rank all on the same screen in the game that I'm obviously already looking at.

Now you'd have to say "brb guys I have to leave the video game I'm playing to go onto an app for the same video game to view a number, then leave said app and start up the same video game I had to leave in the first place all to view a number. This doesn't even account for if you want to see if your friend ranked up/down.

The time it took me to see my rank, my friends rank, and everyone else's rank in a match in Halo 2 and 3: 1 second.

The time it takes me to view said ranks in Halo 4:
If im doing it on the Xbox- minutes
If I'm on my computer/phone: The time it takes for Waypoint to get notification of the completed game and update the site + computer/app loading times.

It's like devolving. The system they had in 2004 on a previous console was better than it is in 2013. Makes no sense.

ok?
thanks for explaining why i said it's inconvenient. no one is denying that this is being implemented terribly.

I was just stating that it's not some conspiracy to get more clicks on Halo waypoint's website
#9jakethenoobPosted 4/9/2013 11:32:26 AM
It's because 343 never does anything 100% right. Not ever.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#10Donuts_R_GoodPosted 4/9/2013 11:37:37 AM
343 doesn't want to make bad players feel bad and wanted to eliminate bragging rights in lobbies.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.