Think Spartan Ops will eventually be disc'd and released for offline play?

#1gilgamesh21Posted 4/10/2013 2:22:41 AM
Once a Season is complete they could release it on a disc for offline splitscreen/System Link co-op players. They could potentially do this for every Season released for 360. What are the chances?
#2AzeiryousPosted 4/10/2013 3:13:27 AM
are you willing to pay for it? it was free for gold members, how much would you will be willing to pay?
#3krazyninjaman3Posted 4/10/2013 3:48:32 AM
$3.52 cents.
#4gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 3:53:58 AM
For completely offline co-op play via split-screen or System Link? $10.00 to $15.00.

Especially since I won't be buying Halo 4 at full price. They took away one of my favorite features, FireFight, and replaced it with Spartan Ops, which would have been fine, except they stuck it behind "online only" and Gold. So when I buy Halo 4 for much cheaper then release price, I'm willing to pay out a little more for offline Spartan Ops on disc.
#5darren19822000Posted 4/11/2013 8:50:46 AM
who doesnt have gold? its not that much money people
---
gt darren reefnugs
#6metroidman92Posted 4/11/2013 11:07:26 AM
darren19822000 posted...

What's more important, a tank of gas, or Live?

As long as I can keep taking advantage of the free month for silvers deal, I'll never buy Live again.

This is what I use Live for anyway:
-Mass Effect 3 Co-op
-Halo 4 SpOps
-Occasional Halo MP with my friends.

Hardly justifies $40-$50 a year (when I find deals.)
---
Tell me Chakas, if this was your choice, after all we have seen and survived... would you fire the rings?
[silence]
#7Demigod_ElessarPosted 4/11/2013 11:49:14 AM
darren19822000 posted...

Never understood this either. I don't remember the last time I didn't have Gold, and I am in no way rich. $5 a month (if you go for the $60 annual subscription) is nothing anymore; most fast food is more expensive than that, and I would guess that most of you eat fast food at least once a week or so.

metroidman92 posted...

This was silly. Considering it takes most people probably $60-80 to completely fill up their tank, an entire year of Xbox Live is cheaper than that. The full tank of gas will last you maybe a month (or two?), depending on how much you drive; it could even be less. Personally, I usually just put in $10 increments. But I always make sure I have that spare $60 every year for Gold renewal. And like I said, I am on a tight budget most of the time.

I understand you mentioned you just don't play Gold that much, so that defends your point (and you are probably in the minority), but it was still a silly comparison. I honestly couldn't even tell you the last time I actually had a full tank of gas.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#8LTferretPosted 4/11/2013 1:14:07 PM(edited)
darren19822000 posted...

Not the point. What happens when the 360 serves get shut down like the original xbox? Nobody can play Spartan Ops then. They really should release an offline alternative eventually
---
Why do people run from me?
#9TheIastspartanPosted 4/11/2013 1:51:19 PM(edited)
Lol, as if anyone would pay for the mediocrity that is spartan ops on a standalone disc. Especially those without live. Have you ever played SpOps solo?It's about as fun as banging your head against cement for an hour.
#10ProdozulPosted 4/11/2013 3:08:24 PM
metroidman92 posted...
darren19822000 posted...

As long as I can keep taking advantage of the free month for silvers deal, I'll never buy Live again.

This is what I use Live for anyway:
-Mass Effect 3 Co-op
-Halo 4 SpOps
-Occasional Halo MP with my friends.

Hardly justifies $40-$50 a year (when I find deals.)

This.

As it stands right now Live is not an essential for me.