Think Spartan Ops will eventually be disc'd and released for offline play?

#11darren19822000Posted 4/12/2013 7:08:03 AM
metroidman92 posted...
darren19822000 posted...
who doesnt have gold? its not that much money people

What's more important, a tank of gas, or Live?

As long as I can keep taking advantage of the free month for silvers deal, I'll never buy Live again.

This is what I use Live for anyway:
-Mass Effect 3 Co-op
-Halo 4 SpOps
-Occasional Halo MP with my friends.

Hardly justifies $40-$50 a year (when I find deals.)

gas? you compare it to gas...ok ill go with that. i pay 30$ a WEEK for gas if not more. mcdonalds is 20$ a trip for me and the kids. dont be so cheap or stop complaining about it
---
gt darren reefnugs
#12VauntXPosted 4/12/2013 7:13:58 AM
ITT: people imposing their values on other people.
#13ODommPosted 4/12/2013 7:27:24 AM
Live is $5 a month..... Less if you find deals
Not too steep, just saying....
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~No, he doesn't row.~~
#14Justan-324Posted 4/13/2013 1:11:09 PM
LTferret posted...
darren19822000 posted...

Not the point. What happens when the 360 serves get shut down like the original xbox? Nobody can play Spartan Ops then. They really should release an offline alternative eventually

i agree they need to make it so we can play spartan ops offline kinda pointless is one does not have live
---
GT:CrimsonLEN64
#15darealest47Posted 4/13/2013 1:51:54 PM
metroidman92 posted...
darren19822000 posted...

What's more important, a tank of gas, or Live?

As long as I can keep taking advantage of the free month for silvers deal, I'll never buy Live again.

This is what I use Live for anyway:
-Mass Effect 3 Co-op
-Halo 4 SpOps
-Occasional Halo MP with my friends.

Hardly justifies $40-$50 a year (when I find deals.)

Translation: I'm too lazy to get a real job and my parents won't buy me live cards anymore.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#16gilgamesh21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 1:36:13 AM
Yeah, a lot of people here aren't getting the point. If I wanted to waste $60 on Live, I could waste $60 on Live.

But this isn't about being able to afford Live or not. It's about being able to enjoy a game mode without being connected at all.

I don't want or need to play Spartan Ops online. I do want to play FireFight with friends and family via local splitscreen or local System Link. And that's all I'm wanting from Spartan Ops. They ability to play it offline via splitscreen or System Link with family and friends.

And it's not like Spartan Ops really needs the online-only component. It's not a mmog. It's basically just FireFight with story and cut-scenes.

Campaign is offline, War Games is offline, why can't Spartan Ops be offline capable too?
#17ShingoEXPosted 4/14/2013 4:36:00 AM
TheIastspartan posted...
Lol, as if anyone would pay for the mediocrity that is spartan ops on a standalone disc. Especially those without live. Have you ever played SpOps solo?It's about as fun as banging your head against cement for an hour.

#1 This thread is proof that at least someone would. I didn't make the thread, and I would as well, so there goes your theory about who would want it.

#2 Who said anything about either a purchase or a physical disc? Make it freely available to Halo 4 owners as a download to keep on the HDD.

#3 There's this thing on Xbox 360 known as "local multiplayer". I can invite friends over and play Halo multiplayer without the use of XBL Gold.
---
"Ah...Natalie Portman...I bet even her farts smell like roses"