What is CSR?

#1SCREAMINGBEATSSPosted 4/10/2013 1:06:35 PM
I went on Waypoint today and say a CSR box near my SR rank and I never saw that before, not to mention there wasn't a rank there. Anyone know?
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#2FinaliizePosted 4/10/2013 2:20:50 PM
nothing important just a pathetic visual rank 90% of this board is creaming themselves over
#3VauntXPosted 4/10/2013 2:56:35 PM
Someone is mad that they can't get a 50.
#4SCREAMINGBEATSS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 2:57:17 PM
What?
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png
#5lderivedxPosted 4/10/2013 2:59:31 PM
http://bit.ly/ZHdaVT
---
Derive's posts are like orgasms... that actually revolve around logic and reasoning. I enjoy reading them. - MIxeD
#6FinaliizePosted 4/10/2013 3:02:49 PM
VauntX posted...

uhhh... just so you know im probably a lot better than you ...and I havent played in weeks

who are you again?

oh a h4 board random... lol
#7KamikazeCactuarPosted 4/10/2013 3:14:01 PM
A quick search on Halotracker shows that Finaliize would poop on 99% of this board.
---
GT - A Lvl1 Krabby
#8VauntXPosted 4/10/2013 3:16:33 PM
As I'm here, I'll explain it for ya.

CSR is short for Competitive Skill Rank. It's based (loosely) on a system originally present in Halo 3 that sorted players into a hierarchy of ranks based on how well they performed. For each playlist in the game, a player has a separate CSR rank which indicates there skill level in that playlist. You start of at 1, and by winning games, gradually increase your rank, up to a maximum of 50. How much you increase or decrease after a given game is based on your opponent's rank at the time.

The system also functions as a skill based matchmaking, creating games in which player's have roughly equal CSR levels. This ensures close, competitive games and prevents higher skilled players from beating up on noobs.

In Halo 3 it was considered a worthy challenge to "get your 50". Getting a 50 didn't prove you were awesome at the game, but it showed you were above average and took some skill. A lot of people got bitter that they weren't capable of getting a 50, and this feeling only intensified when they saw people boasting about theirs on forums like these. For a lot of people, the ranking system was an awesome addition, that allowed them to extract an extra layer of fun from the game by pushing themselves to work hard at getting better.
#9VauntXPosted 4/10/2013 3:18:45 PM
Finaliize posted...
VauntX posted...

uhhh... just so you know im probably a lot better than you ...and I havent played in weeks

who are you again?

Uh huh. Well, putting aside the usual reason for this sort of attitude, I see no obvious reason why you feel the way you do. Care to explain?
#10FinaliizePosted 4/10/2013 3:25:29 PM
VauntX posted...
Finaliize posted...
VauntX posted...

who are you again?

Uh huh. Well, putting aside the usual reason for this sort of attitude, I see no obvious reason why you feel the way you do. Care to explain?

People were crying that ranks were gone and CSR would save the game. Like it was going to "drastically change" Halo 4. CSR is exactly what HaloTracker has had implemented this entire time except instead of getting 50's in gametypes the 50s are now for each playlist.

The only argument towards this fact is that the CSR is "official" from 343.

I mean...a rank system for action sack? lmao.. its continuously proven over and over again this company has no clue what they are doing, look at the uproar for the color of the red X.. LOL