What is CSR?

#11FinaliizePosted 4/10/2013 4:27:53 PM
KamikazeCactuar posted...
A quick search on Halotracker shows that Finaliize would poop on 99% of this board.

Not true stats mean nothing there are players on here with worse stats on HT that are better than me and there are also players on here with better HT stats that I am better than. Lol @ judging skill from Halotracker. Ask Scooby as well i've played with a lot of people in the top 25 and some are extremely bad
#12KamikazeCactuarPosted 4/10/2013 6:20:23 PM
A quick search on Halotracker shows that Finaliize would poop on 99% of this board.

Not true stats mean nothing there are players on here with worse stats on HT that are better than me and there are also players on here with better HT stats that I am better than. Lol @ judging skill from Halotracker. Ask Scooby as well i've played with a lot of people in the top 25 and some are extremely bad

Haha. HT has it's inconsistencies but I don't think you got those stats by being terrible. Still think you would mess up most of this board because most of this board(including myself) sucks.
---
GT - A Lvl1 Krabby
#13FinaliizePosted 4/10/2013 6:25:12 PM

Haha. HT has it's inconsistencies but I don't think you got those stats by being terrible. Still think you would mess up most of this board because most of this board(including myself) sucks.

nope

I would get 15-0d in a 1v1 by Gush
#14SunDevil77Posted 4/10/2013 6:27:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15SunDevil77Posted 4/10/2013 6:27:28 PM
CSR=Length x Girth + Bench Max x Daily Protein Intake (g)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
fat chicks you've slept with.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#16VauntXPosted 4/11/2013 10:05:12 AM
My CSR is undefined...?
#17elitewarrior500Posted 4/11/2013 10:07:23 AM
CSR=Length x Girth + Bench Max x Daily Protein Intake (g)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
fat chicks you've slept with.

i thought it was CSR=E=mc^(OMG)/wtf
---
#18lderivedxPosted 4/11/2013 2:09:51 PM(edited)
My CSR is undefined...?

Well, actually:

If we let CSR be defined on the extended reals and we notice that CSR is always >= 0, we can say that your CSR is (positive) infinity.

I really have to focus not to write \geq instead of >=.
---
technically [bloom] adds to the game. but only in the same way cabbage adds to a bowl of froot loops. - ILikeJumpin
GT: i derive dx
#19SunDevil77Posted 4/11/2013 3:33:40 PM
My god, men. I believe we have discovered the equation that will solve the mysteries of the universe.

*puts arm around derive and elite and poses for picture*
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#20SCREAMINGBEATSS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 6:32:08 PM
VauntX posted...
As I'm here, I'll explain it for ya.

CSR is short for Competitive Skill Rank. It's based (loosely) on a system originally present in Halo 3 that sorted players into a hierarchy of ranks based on how well they performed. For each playlist in the game, a player has a separate CSR rank which indicates there skill level in that playlist. You start of at 1, and by winning games, gradually increase your rank, up to a maximum of 50. How much you increase or decrease after a given game is based on your opponent's rank at the time.

The system also functions as a skill based matchmaking, creating games in which player's have roughly equal CSR levels. This ensures close, competitive games and prevents higher skilled players from beating up on noobs.

In Halo 3 it was considered a worthy challenge to "get your 50". Getting a 50 didn't prove you were awesome at the game, but it showed you were above average and took some skill. A lot of people got bitter that they weren't capable of getting a 50, and this feeling only intensified when they saw people boasting about theirs on forums like these. For a lot of people, the ranking system was an awesome addition, that allowed them to extract an extra layer of fun from the game by pushing themselves to work hard at getting better.

Thank you
---
Hahascream
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8391/hahascream.png