The great plothole *spoilers*

#1ShingoEXPosted 4/11/2013 6:11:51 AM
Why didn't Cortana wake Master Chief up in plenty of time before she started going rampant? Not only did she *know* she was going to start losing it soon, but, considering she was in charge of his life support, she jeopardized MC's life every moment past year 7 while he was in stasis, .
---
"Ah...Natalie Portman...I bet even her farts smell like roses"
#2SpongeBob_SPPosted 4/11/2013 6:57:07 AM
Maybe Chief was physically abusive.

I think at the end of the 3rd game he said "Wake me when you need me." But I guess they cut off the part where he said "And not a second before or you'll answer to my FIST!!"

Yep. That's what happened. Cortana is in a better place now.
#3COKE2Posted 4/11/2013 7:01:06 AM
...How can one physically abuse a Hologram? also that'd be horribly out of character for chief.
---
Life is like a lemon squirting you in the eye when ever it wants to.
#4DvoloS88Posted 4/11/2013 8:21:04 AM
ShingoEX posted...
Why didn't Cortana wake Master Chief up in plenty of time before she started going rampant? Not only did she *know* she was going to start losing it soon, but, considering she was in charge of his life support, she jeopardized MC's life every moment past year 7 while he was in stasis, .

Yes chief did tell cortana to wake him when she needs him. In other words it better be for something big or important or chief will have to strong arm a ho. Seriously though i`d day chief is more in charge than cortana, hes MASTER CHIEF cortana wouldnt wake him drifting in space over her going rampant so thats not a successful plot hole. Nice try...
#5DvoloS88Posted 4/11/2013 8:23:22 AM
DvoloS88 posted...
ShingoEX posted...

Yes chief did tell cortana to wake him when she needs him. In other words it better be for something big or important or chief will have to strong arm a ho. Seriously though i`d day chief is more in charge than cortana, hes MASTER CHIEF cortana wouldnt wake him drifting in space over her going rampant so thats not a successful plot hole. Nice try...

Day suppose to be say, stupid ass phone...
#6ShingoEX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2013 10:54:01 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
ShingoEX posted...

I'm referring to the fact his life would be in danger if Cortana lost control.
---
#7COG_KillaPosted 4/12/2013 3:30:04 AM
and what the hell is he gonna do if she wakes him up early? if she's in charge of his life support, and gets deleted or whatever before she goes rampant, what's chief gonna do?
---
I think with my dipstick, because engine lubrication is important.
#8AoENIACPosted 4/12/2013 3:37:09 AM
Because his survival depended upon him being in stasis until some ship or planet arrived and there was nobody else around to do it so she had to. What did you want her to do, wake him up in the middle of deep space so he could die of starvation and exposure?

Also, it's not like she had been thinking straight the entire time anyway. She was already in the beginning stages of rampancy during Halo CE when she shortened her operating lifespan dramatically by absorbing all the data from the cartographer. Then she was already breaking in Halo 3 after the Gravemind tortured her and ate her data. Did you really expect her to be thinking straight even before Halo 4?
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#9SunDevil77Posted 4/12/2013 5:52:28 AM
The man just kicked ass for 3 games straight. He deserves a nap, and ill be damned if anyone had the guts to wake me during a well deserved nap.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#10ShingoEX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 8:28:46 AM
It's been established that in dire situations, MC has been able to pull off miracles. I'd have at least woken him up to see if there was ANYTHING he could do to rectify the situation. If it was indeed hopeless, I'd have him put back into stasis and just hope for the best.

Had they not flow into Requiem's orbit, MC would most likely be dead by now.
---