So let me get this straight.. CSR isn't something you can view "in game?"

#1xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/13/2013 12:41:27 PM
Or am I mistaken? I saw the info about it on the dash and threw in my Halo 4 and didn't see anything about it while I was playing.. Do I literally have to check it from a website or something?

I love Halo, my favorite FPS for sure, but if that's the case I'm confused as to what the actual point behind it is.. When 75% of Halo players didn't even check their rank progression in Halo 2 when it showed how close you were to ranking at bungie.net..
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#2bd0g5Posted 4/13/2013 12:59:05 PM
Their excuse about why it's not in game was some bull**** about how their UI is horrible and can't fit ranks. You have to check in online using Waypoint or these sites http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/65945615
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#3xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 1:05:18 PM
I'll be honest... That just took Halo 4 down a couple notches in my book. How hard can it be when Halo 2 and 3 did this..
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#4TMoney650Posted 4/13/2013 1:20:14 PM
343 says they can't add it in, but I'm guessing the truth is that they can but won't because they don't want baddies who can't rank up to stop playing. This is just another example of 343 giving fans what they ask for, but doing so in such a half-assed manner that they please nobody.
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#5xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 1:21:29 PM
TMoney650 posted...
343 says they can't add it in, but I'm guessing the truth is that they can but won't because they don't want baddies who can't rank up to stop playing. This is just another example of 343 giving fans what they ask for, but doing so in such a half-assed manner that they please nobody.

</3
---
#6UltimaKeyMasterPosted 4/13/2013 1:37:08 PM
Considering I can use either my computer to go on Waypoint or the 360 app itself when I want a break between matches, I can't possibly see "I can't see my CSR in-game as a big deal."
Hit F5 on the Waypoint site after a match to see the CSR change, problem solved.

Maybe it's cause I'm not super-competitive, but is it THAT big of a deal, honestly?
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade, Xbox Live-Red Skyblade 64
Steam-brandonskysword
#7werkz_destroyzPosted 4/13/2013 2:32:45 PM
Its the convenience of having it in game rather than looking at your PC or phone..right there, I also wanna see my lobbies csr as they join.

I played halo4 again yesterday after a couple months to see if csr was implemented in the system..finding out its not I stopped after a couple hours.. Dont care about no sr rank...put csr in game!!!
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#8xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 3:22:47 PM
werkz_destroyz posted...
Its the convenience of having it in game rather than looking at your PC or phone..right there, I also wanna see my lobbies csr as they join.

I played halo4 again yesterday after a couple months to see if csr was implemented in the system..finding out its not I stopped after a couple hours.. Dont care about no sr rank...put csr in game!!!

It's about seeing the level of competition that you're going to be playing against. The convenience of seeing it in game lets you know right off the bat if you're going to be up against try hards, people of equal skill based on the CSR or if you're going to be completely outmatched. It's a mental thing when you get into games that prepares you for the fisting you may or may not receive from the other team.
---