I haven't touched this game since mid january, just played it now, gotta say..

#1pcmike2Posted 4/13/2013 7:16:42 PM
it really is still boring. Which is why I left it in the first place.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/13/2013 7:36:22 PM
I like halo 4 and I think 343i overall did a good job but I will agree that there were some questionable multiplayer decisions that I think impacted the game in a negative way. Tell me what exactly makes the game boring for you?
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#3pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 7:49:40 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
I like halo 4 and I think 343i overall did a good job but I will agree that there were some questionable multiplayer decisions that I think impacted the game in a negative way. Tell me what exactly makes the game boring for you?

It feels very stale when compared to other halo games for me. Before it felt like, "here, you're set on equal footing as everyone else, work with your team for power weapons + map control to win."

Now it's like "here, make your own custom loadout, go out and see what happens"

You'd think the latter formula would make the game everything but stale. Truth is, certain things like custom loadouts, random power weapons, ordnance drops shove off the halo team formula from past games. Teamwork is still important, but just not emphasized as previous games.

I also like to play objective games, and they still didn't put btb objective.

Also customs, even though they made forge island, they still took out a lot of gametypes from reach, which had awesome custom games.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#4Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/13/2013 8:08:42 PM
pcmike2 posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...

It feels very stale when compared to other halo games for me. Before it felt like, "here, you're set on equal footing as everyone else, work with your team for power weapons + map control to win."

Now it's like "here, make your own custom loadout, go out and see what happens"

You'd think the latter formula would make the game everything but stale. Truth is, certain things like custom loadouts, random power weapons, ordnance drops shove off the halo team formula from past games. Teamwork is still important, but just not emphasized as previous games.

Also customs, even though they made forge island, they still took out a lot of gametypes from reach, which had awesome custom games.

I will agree that they did took emphasis of teamwork out of the equation but they add the custom load outs due to how popular it has become. The fans wanted custom load outs and 343i gave it to them. Now the fans hate it and 343i will probably fix that for halo 5.
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#5iRGushPosted 4/13/2013 8:10:22 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
. The fans wanted custom load outs.

wat
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#6Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/13/2013 8:57:47 PM
iRGush posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...

wat

Majority of multiplayer games use this now because that's what the majority wants.
---
#7RODlMUS_PRlMEPosted 4/13/2013 9:29:48 PM
pcmike2 posted...
stale

http://4.cdn.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2012/08/inigo-montoya-you-keep-using-that-word-i-dont-think-it-means-what-you-th-3b4b2920-sz625x625-animate.jpg
#8iRGushPosted 4/13/2013 9:32:27 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
iRGush posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...

wat

Majority of multiplayer games use this now because that's what the majority wants.

it really shows in the population of halo 4
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#9metalclashPosted 4/13/2013 9:33:50 PM
pcmike2 posted...

I was about to make my monthly topic asking about whether it's back in or not, but it seems like I got my answer.

343i is doing awful
---
Anyone else here from Jersey and goes airsofting?
#10SterlingFoxPosted 4/13/2013 11:50:39 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
iRGush posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...

wat

Just because the majority of games have them doesn't mean the majority of gamers want them.

I don't think I ever saw anybody say it was a great idea and they were excited for custom loadouts. Responses were always either negative or neutral "we'll see" type of statements.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp