I haven't touched this game since mid january, just played it now, gotta say..

#131VauntXPosted 4/17/2013 11:06:00 PM
See, I can't speak for what it's like in America, but in England, the difference between subjects isn't considered to be massive. Yes, having a STEM degree is extremely helpful, and yes, you won't get a 30k+ starting salary (55k+(ish) for you yanks!) without a strong degree in such an area.

But generally speaking, aim for a 2:1 (awarded for an average of 60 or above - around about a 3.2 GPA in America according to google) and you can get a graduate placement at any number of companies. Typically, you'll start on 22k+, be awarded interesting projects and responsibilities, get excellent training and experience decent career prospects. Most of the time, it's not the subject you did that matters, but the mere fact that you graduated with above average honours that peaks employers interests. Going to a good university helps as well, and piling on extra-curricular stuff also makes a big difference.

My long, rambly point being: if you go to university and do a 'soft' subject like psychology or sociology, there are still plenty of options after graduation so long as you don't completely bomb your degree. You may still have to sell your soul a bit to get that salary, but that's life. STEM degrees do make a difference, but only really if you're aiming for something that breaks the 30k+ bracket straight out of university.
#132jesse_skaterPosted 4/17/2013 11:44:49 PM
GwizAlch posted...
DvoloS88 posted...
bd0g5 posted...
The blind fanboys are everywhere on this board.

The troll d bags are everywhere on this board, internet bullies because in real life they are the bullied... Im calling you out B, derived, nuggets, jesse skater, gush, nooby jake. Get a life boys....

Derived, Gush and (Honorable Mention) nuggets aren't trolls.
I assume B is Big Tymer(probably not), but he just a hardcore FPSer.
Not a troll and not an elitist, just doesn't really like casual mentality.

Most of those other people are fairly annoying though, yes.
And I'm pretty sure Sloppy is worse than Jesse.
Jess is just a rider that only exists in threads posted by a friend.

damn spot on
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-8y2YwsLU
Halo 4 Gameplay GT: Jesse I3aker
#133Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/18/2013 5:07:36 AM
VauntX posted...
See, I can't speak for what it's like in America, but in England, the difference between subjects isn't considered to be massive. Yes, having a STEM degree is extremely helpful, and yes, you won't get a 30k+ starting salary (55k+(ish) for you yanks!) without a strong degree in such an area.

But generally speaking, aim for a 2:1 (awarded for an average of 60 or above - around about a 3.2 GPA in America according to google) and you can get a graduate placement at any number of companies. Typically, you'll start on 22k+, be awarded interesting projects and responsibilities, get excellent training and experience decent career prospects. Most of the time, it's not the subject you did that matters, but the mere fact that you graduated with above average honours that peaks employers interests. Going to a good university helps as well, and piling on extra-curricular stuff also makes a big difference.

My long, rambly point being: if you go to university and do a 'soft' subject like psychology or sociology, there are still plenty of options after graduation so long as you don't completely bomb your degree. You may still have to sell your soul a bit to get that salary, but that's life. STEM degrees do make a difference, but only really if you're aiming for something that breaks the 30k+ bracket straight out of university.

Agreed.
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.