Do you feel HALO 3 was the last really fun and enjoyable HALO game?

#1RJ-MacReadyPosted 4/14/2013 1:23:53 PM
I do lack of maps and adding loadouts didnt help HALO in my opinion. Add on top of that no true skill ranking system and you have even less an incentive to play well. I understand True Skill was flawed but you dont have to be an expert to want to play well at a game while still enjoying it. Certain things like loadouts work great for other games but implementing those aspects while taking away things that made the games so great wasnt the best decision.

Also is it just me or is this the laggiest HALO yet? Ive never experienced so much lag in a HALO game before and on top of that ive never seen it so bad to the point where its like watching star trek teleports and before you blame my connection 30mbs down/7mbs up. Im sure lots of people have notice the lag too but i doubt 343 will release a patch improving the netcode. I still enjoy playing HALO but i cant sit there anymore playing long sessions like i use to because the game gets so boring so quickly.

I hate to say this but HALO is now just making it one its own name.
---
PSN TheTHCGamer
LIVE TheSativaGamer
#2Donuts_R_GoodPosted 4/14/2013 1:32:09 PM
Nah.

I had a ton of fun in Reach (liked it better than 3 TBH) and I'm also having fun with Halo 4.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#3iliekdatPosted 4/14/2013 1:36:45 PM
lag has nothing to do with the game but your connection. stop blaming it on anything else
#4EternalDahakaPosted 4/14/2013 1:45:29 PM(edited)
I thought CE and 2 were the last really fun Halo games, but that's basing them off their campaigns, level design and other single player/co-op stuff.
I really don't care much for the multiplayer, but the time I've spent with this one have probably been the most enjoyable. The gameplay(minus the auto-aim) and maps seem the most entertaining in the series to me.

I haven't noticed much lag, and when there is, it's not the jerky, teleport kind. More like I'm living half a second in the past, which is the better of the two I think.
#5L0ZPosted 4/14/2013 1:48:18 PM
No. Falling down in rank is not fun
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
[IBM Tricore 3.2GHz | 10MB Custom ATI | 512 MB GDDR3]
#6Spork1111Posted 4/14/2013 1:52:41 PM
It was for me, but that's because back then, me and my friends had way more time to play. I don't even remember how many custom games I played, but I know it was into the 1000's; combined, I have less than 100 custom games in Reach and Halo 4. That, coupled with double XP weekends, Bungie day, and community events, I had way more fun in 3 than any of its sequels.
---
"Dad! I'm in space!" "I'm proud of you, son". "Dad, are you space?" "Yes, now we are a family again".
#7Paper_Mario_4Posted 4/14/2013 1:54:18 PM
Yes.
#8enterthemadroxPosted 4/14/2013 1:56:38 PM
No.

I feel like Halo 4 is the ONLY fun and enjoyable Halo game.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#9bd0g5Posted 4/14/2013 2:11:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10True_ScornPosted 4/14/2013 2:13:49 PM
bd0g5 posted...
No.

I feel like Halo 4 is the ONLY fun and enjoyable Halo game.

Am I the only one who constantly notices how stupid this guy is?

No you are not.
---
GT = True Scorn