This game is a bit like Conduit 2 imo.

#11B05S_Brennan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 11:09:39 AM
Scythereap posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
Scythereap posted...
No. Conduit 2 was a piece of crap. There are so many reasons why your statement is false.

I wasn't talking about how good they are. I was talking about how they both mix old-school and modern FPS stuff.

The first Conduit? Sure. The second one? No.

The first one was pretty much only oldschool. The second felt like a mix of modern and oldschool to me.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#12ScythereapPosted 4/15/2013 5:58:14 PM
B05S_Brennan posted...
Scythereap posted...
B05S_Brennan posted...
Scythereap posted...
No. Conduit 2 was a piece of crap. There are so many reasons why your statement is false.

I wasn't talking about how good they are. I was talking about how they both mix old-school and modern FPS stuff.

The first Conduit? Sure. The second one? No.

The first one was pretty much only oldschool. The second felt like a mix of modern and oldschool to me.

The second has absolutely ZERO things going for it in the old school department. If anything it's a CoD rip off with a sci-fi skin on it, but let's look at what made the first game old school and see if the second has any of it.

1.) Spawning with the same weapon and Pick-ups
Halo and the Conduit followed this. Conduit 2 doesn't have that.

2.) Health packs
Halo CE and reach had this as well as The Conduit. Conduit 2 got rid of this too.

3.) Corridor maps
Halo had a few of these and The Conduit was teeming with these. Conduit 2 doesn't have any aside from the remakes.

Just because Conduit 2 has high health doesn't necessarily mean it's old school. It just means its a high health FPS, and for the record, Halo is technically a low health FPS because you don't have high health; you have shields and low health under it.
#13B05S_Brennan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 8:32:29 PM
Scythereap posted...
1.) Spawning with the same weapon and Pick-ups
Halo and the Conduit followed this. Conduit 2 doesn't have that.

2.) Health packs
Halo CE and reach had this as well as The Conduit. Conduit 2 got rid of this too.

3.) Corridor maps
Halo had a few of these and The Conduit was teeming with these. Conduit 2 doesn't have any aside from the remakes.

Oldschool stuff Conduit 2 did have:

1) Oldschool style weapons.
The Shrieker, Phase Rifle, Carbonizer and AEGIS Device just ain't the kind of weapons you see in a modern FPS.

2) Lots of platforming.
This isn't too common in your typical modern FPS.

3) Hip-fire is the primary form of aiming.
Most modern FPS games use iron sights as much as or more than hip-fire.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi
#14rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 4/16/2013 5:03:39 PM
C2 has health packs.
---
PSN: BlueStar7152 | Uncharted 3
XBL: ajwmawesome | 007 Legends, Assassin's Creed III
#15B05S_Brennan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 8:15:54 PM
rawrLIKEaB05S__ posted...
C2 has health packs.

Only in Abyss though. And they might be glitches.
---