The dmr needs somekind of nerf -_-

#21bd0g5Posted 4/17/2013 3:35:52 PM
That1Guyy posted...
Giving the DMR bloom like it had in Reach would making it so inferior to the other utility weapons that even an unscoped light rifle could beat it outside of extreme close range. That is a terrible idea.

The DMR is perfect as it is. It has no weaknesses other than the fact that it isn't a power weapon, which is what we need. A utility weapon like the DMR means that power weapons are not guaranteed to make the wielder win battles, and utility vs utility battles will not be slow. Going back to Halo 3 after playing zero bloom Reach or 4 shows just how painful it is to play Halo with slowed down gameplay. We do NOT need to slow down the game any more. Weakening the DMR is the easy option, but strengthening the other rifles is the wiser option.

This guy gets it.

Obviously he does because he's so smart.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#22elitewarrior500Posted 4/17/2013 3:59:20 PM
H4 DMR is the easiest precision weapon to use ever in halo series seriously
---
lol
#23MrStyPosted 4/17/2013 4:41:58 PM
elitewarrior500 posted...
H4 DMR is the easiest precision weapon to use ever in halo series seriously

>Halo 2 sniper
---
I know your roomie is supposedly in MLG and supposedly has a g/f who is supposedly a fox. I have no patience for bestiality... - Krazylegz
#24Killean_NuggetsPosted 4/17/2013 4:43:19 PM
Hey baddies!
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#25balmung2100Posted 4/17/2013 10:59:00 PM
Dark_Jinouga posted...
IMO it has the edge over other weapons

also, IF the light rifle has no hitscan, WTF? it shoots LIGHT, how can it not hit instantly.

I agree that the dmr could use a nerf. Tooooooo many people rely on it. It's just too easy to kick back with a ally in a spot and scope, hoping to get that occasional one shot kill on a player whose shield is down. It's the same deal nearly every match, which is killing the game for me.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#26jesse_skaterPosted 4/17/2013 11:39:26 PM(edited)
the DMR is a fine weapon the way it is for the most part. the only thing. i would change on it is the aim-assist range when youre NOT SCOPED IN. imo the aim assist range when your scoped in is perfect, but when your not scoped in, you get aim assist at an extreamly long range.

example: on a map like haven, with the DMR, you will get aim assist with the DMR from red/blue ramp to top mid. with a BR, you wont. it makes DMR vs BR battles to easy to win if youre using thr DMR because you can stay unscoped with the DMR at that range and still get aim-assist. As where you will need to scope in the the BR to get aim-assist, giving you flinch because youre scoped in.

thats really about my only gripe with the DMR. and that alone makes people think its to easy to 5 shot with the DMR. Decrease the unscoped aim assist range with the DMR, i think the BR would have the edge over the DMR
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-8y2YwsLU
Halo 4 Gameplay GT: Jesse I3aker
#27elitewarrior500Posted 4/17/2013 11:37:49 PM
the DMR is a fine weapon the way it is for the most part. the only thing. i would change on it is the aim-assist range when youre NOT SCOPED IN. imo the aim assist range when your scoped in is perfect, but when your not scoped in, you get aim assist at an extreamly long range.

example: on a map like haven, with the DMR, you will get aim assist with the DMR from red/blue ramp to top mid. with a BR, you wont. it makes DMR vs BR battles to easy to win if youre using thr DMR because you can stay unscoped with the DMR at that range and still get aim-assist. As where you will need to scope in the the BR to get aim-assist, giving you flinch because youre scoped in.

thats really about my only gripe with the DMR. and that alone makes people think its to easy to 5 shot with the DMR. Decrease the unscoped aim assist range, it would honestly make the BR easier to 5 shot someone.

or maybe even.. 4 SHOT!!!
---
GT:LegendaryFalco
man they got that BK Dino host - Be Kay Elite
#28L337_MuffenPosted 4/18/2013 12:03:54 AM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
Hey baddies!

Hi Blite!
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#29Dark_Jinouga(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 9:45:43 AM
Ok, you are right, slower gameplay would be bad. bloom would suck too. I saw what 343 is testing, and I like the way that it is going.
---
Noobs=Market
Market>You
#30phillyeagles123Posted 4/19/2013 11:20:57 AM
That1Guyy posted...
Nerfing the DMR will only serve to slow the gameplay down. Buff the other utility weapons so that they match the DMR instead. This is a much better solution. We had slow gameplay in Reach and it was terrible.

This is exactly what should happen, and it looks like 343 is trying to do something like this. Hopefully, they don't listen to the Waypoint kids who are all throwing a fit for a DMR nerf. It's like they want slow, boring gameplay.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.