People that are good at FFA, show yourself!

#11enterthemadroxPosted 4/15/2013 3:50:02 PM
I always treat every FFA game (Rumble Pit, Regicide) as if I'm playing that map/playlist for the first time, every single time.

That means I'm nervous about every corner, keeping my eyes all over the screen, slowly looking around corners before committing myself to that doorway a few feet away but not afraid to get stuck into it if there's a firefight happening suddenly (after all, we have shields, you should only stay away from death in SWAT, anything else your shield can regenerate and you never know if you'll walk out barely alive or have to wait for the respawn so why not shoot and hope for the best).
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#12__balePosted 4/15/2013 4:20:14 PM
sulli15 posted...
Thank you for that detailed response, Bale. I am EXTRA bad at Haven FFA, I never know what I want to do on that map, honestly don't think I've ever placed first on Haven against decent people.

I get what you're saying about not being too anxious, but I feel like you can't play too passive, either. Maybe I just haven't tried it long enough in a match to see it play out well, but the times I've tried to be patient haven't gone well. I've tried to kind of hang around areas like you were describing on Simplex, but it seems people are killing too fast where I can't rack up enough kills that way to stay in the lead/catch the leader.

definitely dont want to be too passive either. but if you're hanging around a spot that is a good location for where the action is, you can get loads of kills. on haven, for instance, if the action is happening bottom mid a lot, try to hang out at closed/open ramp. you can easily duck down bottom mid if you hear action, plus you can stay up top to get good shots pretty much everywhere else. on simplex, trying to control purple is always the key. though by 'control' its more like 'stay in the vicinity of', because its so easy to nade that you cant just hang out top purple.
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#13COG_KillaPosted 4/15/2013 5:53:42 PM
I love bale.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#14bd0g5Posted 4/15/2013 6:10:37 PM
h8 bale he sucks and is worse than darren
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#15jakethenoobPosted 4/15/2013 6:28:11 PM(edited)
I'm the best
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#16sulli15(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 6:29:06 PM
https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo4/lawl%20sulli/home/match-ba5c4fe228e371d7

I feel like that actually helped....but could have been a fluke.
---
GT: LAWL SULLI
#17__balePosted 4/15/2013 6:38:41 PM
COG_Killa posted...
I love bale.

i honestly love you too
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#18COG_KillaPosted 4/15/2013 6:42:17 PM
__bale posted...
COG_Killa posted...
I love bale.

i honestly love you too

but... but... i'm...

http://www.halotracker.com/H4/Giraffinator

...a baddie!
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#19Scooby510Posted 4/15/2013 8:11:25 PM
Hello
---
Lil B is my friend.
#20sulli15(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 3:17:41 PM
So Bale, I won or got at least top 3 in every Haven game I played yesterday(probably around 5 or so matches)

So either that helped somewhat or I just got really lucky in every Haven game, either way thank you, sir.

Scooby, help me learn to free for all as well.
---
GT: LAWL SULLI