The Spartan Laser

#1InsanitariousPosted 4/15/2013 3:44:01 PM
So I'm doing commendations and I've noticed the laser has both a longer charge time and doesn't kill you instantly if it touches any part of your hit box, the laser has to be direct impact and to get a kill on both Spartans and vehicles the entire 1 second or so blast has to hit dead center. I might be wrong but i dont know. Any laser masters care to chip in. Kinda makes me sad if it is that way since the halo 3 laser was instant kill no matter what.
#2L337_MuffenPosted 4/15/2013 3:56:42 PM
The laser fires (correct me if I am wrong) 4 to 6 lasers and it takes 2 laser hit to kill a spartan. You can get double kills (maybe triple kills) with one blast. But yes the charge time is longer.
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#3RAGEface14Posted 4/15/2013 4:07:17 PM
L337_Muffen posted...
The laser fires (correct me if I am wrong) 4 to 6 lasers and it takes 2 laser hit to kill a spartan. You can get double kills (maybe triple kills) with one blast. But yes the charge time is longer.

This. If you charge the laser and fire at someone while strafing or looking around, it's unlikely to do more than pop their shields. You have to correct your aim before the laser fires.

FUN FACT: If you drain the spartan laser of ammo, then fire the empty laser in a trait zone that gives you bottomless clip, it'll shoot semi-auto.
---
RAGEface14
It's ya boy JohnnyCakes
#4Insanitarious(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 4:28:31 PM
L337_Muffen posted...

Yeah but I'm saying before even if you strafed if the laser caught any part of your hit box it would kill you and any thing in a straight line behind you. I just feel like they made it weaker and honestly a lot more annoying to use
#5iliekdatPosted 4/15/2013 5:38:16 PM
uh no you can kill spartans with 1 shot, you just need to have actual good aim. it has the least aiming help out of any weapon in the game
#6COG_KillaPosted 4/15/2013 5:48:27 PM(edited)
RAGEface14 posted...
FUN FACT: If you drain the spartan laser of ammo, then fire the empty laser in a trait zone that gives you bottomless clip, it'll shoot semi-auto.

Just tried this, that's pretty awesome.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#7SterlingFoxPosted 4/15/2013 6:15:12 PM
The Spartan Laser kills people in one hit, not two. You just have to actually hit something with it.

It also blows up any vehicle but tanks or wraiths in one hit, and pierces things. So if 8 people were lined up in a row and you fired a Spartan Laser at the guy in front, all 7 of his teammates would also be killed.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#8Dragon NexusPosted 4/16/2013 6:25:31 PM
Got the Splaser achievement today in a weird way.
Killed one Spartan, got a Laser Kill. Saw another one milling about so I shot him with it...and just got a Kill. Couldn't have been an assist or I wouldn't have gained kill points. Weird as hell....and aggrivating.

So then I saw another guy and I clipped him with my last shot taking his shields down but nothing else. Very frustrating.
Then a team mate killed him, I get a Spartan Laser kill and the achievement pops.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln