A few question about Halo Lore. (Huge Spoilers)

#1wufieiPosted 4/17/2013 4:17:39 AM
Were humans the Reclaimers?

Also, did Humans (the ones from before they were sent back to the stoneage) the ones to build the Halo array or was that the forerunners?

I'm just trying to figure out the relation between HUmans (the Chief, Dr. Hasley, etc) and Forerunners (the Didac, the Librarian). I know they were fighting each other at one point because the humans of the far past were glassing their planets (they were trying to get rid of the flood).

thx in advance for any answers.
---
What is that strange appendage growing out the top of your head? ~ Hiei
#2hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 4/17/2013 5:01:39 AM
no but 343 really pulled a story changer seeing as all the forerunners were dead....

but 343 ruined the game so its hard to say if it was meant to be by bungie or if 343 just decided to ruin game more...

but no the cave people anf forerunners are 2 different things...
#3wufiei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 5:07:07 AM
hellzyaaahhhhhh posted...
no but 343 really pulled a story changer seeing as all the forerunners were dead....

but 343 ruined the game so its hard to say if it was meant to be by bungie or if 343 just decided to ruin game more...

but no the cave people anf forerunners are 2 different things...

Yeah I knew foreruuners and humans were two different races. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is who built the Halo arrays. Guilty Spark constantly calls the chief "Reclaimer" which suggests that Humans built the Halo Array. But then in Halo 4 they show the Forerunners to be a different species.

Was Spark just mistaken?

Man this story is confusing?
---
What is that strange appendage growing out the top of your head? ~ Hiei
#4COG_KillaPosted 4/17/2013 5:53:52 AM
The forerunners built the Halos but saved the humans (and many others) from the fire (don't remember how) and decided that humans were to "Reclaim" the Mantle, which is the idea that there is a responsibility to protect the galaxy.

I think. I should read the latest books.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#5VoidBeyondPosted 4/17/2013 7:19:18 AM
wufiei posted...
Were humans the Reclaimers?

Also, did Humans (the ones from before they were sent back to the stoneage) the ones to build the Halo array or was that the forerunners?

I'm just trying to figure out the relation between HUmans (the Chief, Dr. Hasley, etc) and Forerunners (the Didac, the Librarian). I know they were fighting each other at one point because the humans of the far past were glassing their planets (they were trying to get rid of the flood).

thx in advance for any answers.

Humans are the Reclaimers, meaning once they grew up and got to a high enough tier (See: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Technological_Achievement_Tiers) they will take up the Mantle, as guardians of the universe.

Forerunners built the Halos, Shield Worlds, and more.

The humans were second to the Forerunners when it came to technology thousands and thousands of years ago. And they were set to take up the Mantle once they surpassed the Forerunners. But in short the Forerunners, humans, and prophets were all just Tier 1 one the Technological Achievement Tiers.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#6Dragon NexusPosted 4/17/2013 6:44:53 PM
The forerunners built the Halos but saved the humans (and many others) from the fire (don't remember how) and decided that humans were to "Reclaim" the Mantle, which is the idea that there is a responsibility to protect the galaxy.

The librarian catalogued all of the species of the galaxy and placed them in Ark installations (geddit?) so they could put them back on their planets after the Flood was erradicated.

Humans were meant to take up the mantel of the universe since they were doing a better job of protecting the galaxy from the Flood than the Forerunners were. Due to some misunderstandings, the Didact ended up hating humanity, seeing them like the Protos - purging entire planets to prevent the zerg, er I mean flood, from taking over while the terrans, er I mean forerunners, tried to evacuate but mostly just died in the ensuing fires.

The Librarian worked out what Humanity was really trying to accomplish while the Didact insisted the mantel was meant for forerunners.
So instead of humanity takig its rightful place in the galaxy, as the Librarian believed, they were knocked back several tens of thousands of years in evolution and forced to start again while the Forerunners were wiped out completely save for the Didact who wanted to use Humanity as a supply of troops to fight the flood.

The problem is, Humanity still doesn't seem to have evolved far enough, probably being several hundreds of years too early to take the mantel. They're not even at the level they were before the Didact first devolved them, hense Didact remarking that we've not even been able to overcome the Covenant by ourselves, so what hope did we have at stopping the flood, or more to the point him

I'm saying all this from what I've been able to piece together and understand. I haven't read the books, but plan to. Feel free to correct any screw ups, loremasters.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#7forthnbackPosted 4/18/2013 12:56:10 AM
^^ The above is pretty close.

Anyways, the Precursors created both the Forerunner and Humanity, in addition to many other races. The Precursors would allow one race to rise to ascendancy, and then would test them in the form of some calamity or simply render judgement based upon what they witnessed. This was to see if they were worthy of taking up a concept called the Mantle, which was benevolent ascendancy over the galaxy.

Each race rose, was judged to be lacking, and once judged, were eliminated to make room for a new race to rise. The Forerunner were currently that race. However, after some time, the Forerunner were judged to be lacking. The Forerunner learned of their fate, and rose up in rebellion. They committed genocide upon their unsuspecting masters, and wiped them almost completely out. A few went into hiding, transforming their state into a powdery substance suited for deep space travel. They would reconstitute upon their return, and their ships left the galaxy to take a long looping route home.....

Meanwhile, the Forerunner came to dominate much of known space and Humanity rose to a lesser, yet dominant role. All knowledge of the Precursors were eventually lost. The Precursor ships returned, crashing into Human territory. The strange powder they discovered were the Precursors, those few who had survived, but the long journey had damaged them. They could not reconstitute properly, and were unable to attain their real form. They became what would be known as the Flood, the Graveminds being akin to their somewhat warped yet gestalt intelligences.

Humanity engaged and defeated the Flood in battle, while simulataniously fighting a war with the Forerunner due to their encroachment for supplies/worlds, and their tendancy to burn Forerunner planets without notice if the Flood had gotten there. The Forerunner proved, after a long a costly war, victorious, for Humanity could not win fighting on two fronts. Humanity's presence was erased from the galaxy, a tiny sliver of the human population reduced genetically back to primitives and placed in quarentine on their homeworld.

The Flood come back yet again, queue everything you know, with the Forerunner fighting a war with the Flood and eventually losing, firing the Halo's as a last resort. The Graveminds of this time inform the Forerunner that they are the Precursor's returned, and that Humanity has been found to be their successors, and that they will now exact their vengence upon the Forerunner for their temerity. But the Halo's fire and all life is wiped out. The reason we are called Reclaimers is because the Librarian, and her Lifeworkers who took up her work after her death & the firing, were a handful of Forerunner who had survived the galactic purging and knew their species was at an end. For better or for worse, Humanity must take the Mantle, for their were no others that were worthy left. The galaxy is reseeded, and Humanity is set upon the path to take up the Forerunner's role.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#8sephiroth0000Posted 4/19/2013 6:06:31 PM
What was the purpose exactly for flood being on Installation 04 when they got there in the first game? Were those flood spared, and kept there just for studying? That's one thing I never knew about, but may have missed it if indeed they did say why.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC - 1722-1182-0691
XBL GT - Angry Tough Guy
#9Killean_NuggetsPosted 4/19/2013 6:18:25 PM
baddies raging at other baddies
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#10forthnbackPosted 4/21/2013 12:49:22 AM
sephiroth0000 posted...
What was the purpose exactly for flood being on Installation 04 when they got there in the first game? Were those flood spared, and kept there just for studying? That's one thing I never knew about, but may have missed it if indeed they did say why.

Pretty much, to learn about them and try to find a cure of some sort. They knew Humanity had done so, and the Halo's were good places to study them. Worse case, if the ring began to get overrun by an outbreak, they could weakly pulse the Halo and cleanse it. The method ancient humanity discovered and used was a genetic sequence that infected the flood, like an aggressive cancer, but it needed to be assimilated via a host. After fighting with convential military tactics and slowly getting overrun, they infected a full third of their own territory/populace with this gene sequence, and abandoned the sectors. The Flood swept through, assimilated everything in its path, and effectively choked to death on us. Humanity then swept back in with its fleet, and drove the Flood out of the galaxy. Once we lost the war with the Forerunner, going on at the same time, we deleted all the data we had on it.

So the Forerunner knew the Flood had a 'cure' of sorts, but not how or what. That's why the Flood remained on the rings, to learn its secret.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]