In what way can 343 widen the skill gap while keeping the bull**** to a minimal

#1R_2the_EgalPosted 4/18/2013 8:06:08 AM
And by bull**** I mean the tendency for lag and host to determine the outcome of BR/DMR duels, etc at the higher skill levels.
---
XBL: maaan regal
#2Majoras_pantsPosted 4/18/2013 8:18:28 AM
Dedicated servers and a ranking system exactly like the one in Halo 3.
#3LandonioPosted 4/18/2013 8:25:57 AM
Dedicated servers? Idk. Lag isn't really a big problem
with Halo and hasn't really been since H3. Halo has always had a pretty decent netcode (with the exeption of H3, of course).

Lag/netcode isn't really the problem. It's things like sprint, AAs, bad maps, lack of de-scoping, BR spread, no flag running, ordinance, instant respawn, bad spawns (especially in FFA), and overall slow kill times and slow pacing of the game (the game seems to have gotten slower and slower since H2).

I'm sure for Halo 5 when they make the jump to next-gen and 60 fps, 343 may make some netcode adjustments (possibly with dedicated servers, but it's highly unlikely as most developers are too cheap to keep them going).

CoD is in MUCH more need of netcode improvements and dedicated servers, though.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing: Halo 4, Oblivion: GOTY Edition, Banjo-Tooie HD, Ninja Gaiden II, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
#4BWO_ArbiterPosted 4/18/2013 8:30:07 AM
They need to take away the jetpack so that trick jumping becomes a necessity again.
---
What I lack in dexterity is made up for by my strategies. I'm proof that you don't need a perfect shot to pwn in FPS games.
#5elitewarrior500Posted 4/18/2013 8:33:21 AM
They need to take away the jetpack so that trick jumping becomes a necessity again.

this guy gets it
---
GT:LegendaryFalco
man they got that BK Dino host - Be Kay Elite
#6R_2the_Egal(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 9:52:48 AM
ordnance*
---
XBL: maaan regal
#7ssj3bladePosted 4/18/2013 11:30:44 AM
Infinity Slayer needs to be how Throwdown is.
---
http://www.imgur.com/gRn0NSE.png
~ ssj3blade ~
#8SterlingFoxPosted 4/18/2013 12:59:16 PM
Landonio posted...
Dedicated servers? Idk. Lag isn't really a big problem
with Halo and hasn't really been since H3. Halo has always had a pretty decent netcode (with the exeption of H3, of course).

Lag/netcode isn't really the problem. It's things like sprint, AAs, bad maps, lack of de-scoping, BR spread, no flag running, ordinance, instant respawn, bad spawns (especially in FFA), and overall slow kill times and slow pacing of the game (the game seems to have gotten slower and slower since H2).

I'm sure for Halo 5 when they make the jump to next-gen and 60 fps, 343 may make some netcode adjustments (possibly with dedicated servers, but it's highly unlikely as most developers are too cheap to keep them going).

CoD is in MUCH more need of netcode improvements and dedicated servers, though.

I don't think lag is the reason dedicated servers would be nice. Rather the constant black screen from people coming or leaving is.

Dedicated servers would fix that problem so that gameplay doesn't have to stop for 5 minutes whenever the host leaves or someone joins.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#9Majoras_pantsPosted 4/18/2013 1:05:39 PM
It would also take away host advantage.
#10DvoloS88Posted 4/19/2013 4:54:42 AM
Simply restrict ordnance, get rid of this complete random crap so that not only cant you get the same s**** or godly ordnance two times in a row. But also to keep the easiest power weapons inc cannon, binary and rocket from showing up on the first two minutes of matches. Nobodies first ordnance should ever be those weapons.