Do the map packs show up in Infinity Slayer?

#1fineline122Posted 4/18/2013 7:32:34 AM
I just started playing H4 again after like 2 months. Will the 2 map packs you can buy show up in Infinity Slayer or do they have their own play lists only? If they do show up in IS, how often do they come up as options?
#2elitewarrior500Posted 4/18/2013 7:33:56 AM
i thought i saw skyline in infinity slayer once but that was about it
---
GT:LegendaryFalco
man they got that BK Dino host - Be Kay Elite
#3CyanocittaPosted 4/18/2013 7:36:27 AM(edited)
The first two packs do not have dedicated playlists.

It's becoming more rare to see them in standard match-making now as well.

EDIT: Eventhough I paid for them, I would rather see 343 just give them all away for free to anyone who doesn't own them at this point. I paid but can no longer play them currently!
#4phillyeagles123Posted 4/18/2013 7:40:06 AM
The only Crimson map that will come up in IS would be Harvest, but only rarely. Skyline, Landfall, and Monolith from the Majestic map pack come up more frequently, but they still don't show up too often, since everyone in the lobby must have the map pack for them to show up.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#5MightyDieschPosted 4/18/2013 7:48:56 AM
skyline comes up very frequently in team doubles
---
Respect others in order to be respected
#6fineline122(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 7:53:42 AM
This a seriously retarded flaw in the 'buy the extra map packs'. You buy them but you can't use them unless it's a custom game or something. Guess I'll wait until they're free to get them. seems like I"m playing the same 3 maps over and over in this game: Haven, Complex and Abandon.
#7HighVoltage87Posted 4/18/2013 8:15:38 AM
No they don't show up very often. I bought the map pass when it was on sale for 1600msp, Regret it. Shame on me though. I bought the Reach maps and they never showed up either.
---
Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid.
#8UltimaKeyMasterPosted 4/18/2013 12:08:25 PM
The flaw is whenever map packs come out, there's usually a playlist for just the newest pack. The previous map packs get shoved into normal matchmaking, but they ONLY appear if everyone in the current lobby has it.

The problem is, unlike say...Call of Duty, barely anyone is buying the map packs by comparison, let alone there being less total players online at the same time by the same comparison between SINGLE CoD games.

That leads to the previous packs becoming more and more useless as they become increasingly unavailable to play without gathering a party for a Custom Game, making them a waste of time and money on your part, not to mention for the devs as well. At the very least, there should be a "DLC Playlist" that encompasses EVERY DLC so that you can play any of those maps at one time, not just the newest one so that the others are wastes of money.
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade, Xbox Live-Red Skyblade 64
Steam-brandonskysword
#9fineline122(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 12:36:41 PM
It's obviously just an opportunity for 343 to make more $$$ from the map packs. In any case, I wouldn't mind so much if there were more original maps. You should only be able to choose from 2 maps instead of three, so you're not playing Haven 80% of the ******* time.