so finally they release notes on the upcoming weapons tuning and...

#1blackninja4everPosted 4/18/2013 9:34:25 AM
I gotta say that I'd be satisfied with what they came up with now and have them roll it out Monday. But no it'll be another month before they do and we will probably get a Csr reset too.
For those who haven't read the bulletin yet:
Dmr is getting a slight nerf to its shot speed so it'll still have a 4 shot kill rate but it will take longer intervals between each shot.
The LR is only getting a slight buff; they are extending the reticle to turn red at the same distance the dmrs reticle turns red.
The br is getting a needed buff; 4shot kill rate
The c is getting a needed buff; 7 shots to kill
All the auto primary guns are getting a damage buff to compensate for the rifle buffs but is getting an auto aim nerf so they will be stronger but will require more skill to use.
The binary rifles auto aim is getting reduced.
The hogs machine gun is getting a damage buff

That's all they have released so far and have said they are far from the final list.
So I hope that they buff the amount of damage vehicles can receive before blowing up
I think the lr needs a better buff like reduce its recoil
Other than that I think the choices they have made so far are fine and I am hoping to see some secondary weapon balancing if needed and I'd rather they nerf the dmr a different way by nerfing the bullet magnetism and making it a 6 shot kill but keeping its rate of fire as is. Also fix the forerunner shotgun so its not so dang random.
What are your thoughts on what theyve come up with so far? Let me finish by saying this needed to be done during the last balance update or at least now that we are past that point release these changes this coming Monday and if they want to do more changes just do another update later. I feel like we need to do the testing anyways since they don't have the best track record.
---
Xbox GT: Beefsloth PSN: blackninjaforevr
#2ssj3bladePosted 4/18/2013 11:32:51 AM
4 shot BR? Hell yeah

4 shot DMR with aim assist unchanged? Dafug
---
http://www.imgur.com/gRn0NSE.png
~ ssj3blade ~
#3jakethenoobPosted 4/18/2013 11:48:10 AM
They said they wanted people's feedback, so they need to make a playlist that has these weapon changes in it.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#4briman112Posted 4/18/2013 11:56:15 AM
I like improvement
---
I'm probably better than you, sowwy :(
#5Dragon NexusPosted 4/18/2013 12:05:09 PM
Not sure I want the DMR to fire more slowly.
If the end DPS is the same, what's the point?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#6SterlingFoxPosted 4/18/2013 12:09:32 PM
This doesn't seem like it's actually fixing anything though, just changing things. With 4-shot kills, the BR is probably going to become the overpowered gun in place of the DMR.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#7help1Posted 4/18/2013 12:21:23 PM
SterlingFox posted...
This doesn't seem like it's actually fixing anything though, just changing things. With 4-shot kills, the BR is probably going to become the overpowered gun in place of the DMR.

exactly. They just swapped position
---
# of people who have said "Hi help1!" to me on Gamefaqs: 7
Last person to say hi: Alex_Sage and Azrael0206
#8That1GuyyPosted 4/18/2013 12:27:25 PM
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/04/17/The-Halo-Bulletin-41713.aspx

The DMR is not being changed all. The beam rifle is receiving the aim assist reduction, not the binary rifle. Some of your facts are off, TC.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#9ShiatsuMPosted 4/18/2013 12:28:01 PM
blackninja4ever posted...
Dmr is getting a slight nerf to its shot speed so it'll still have a 4 shot kill rate but it will take longer intervals between each shot.

Perhaps I read the bulletin wrong or I am missing something here, but it says they aren't nerfing the DMR whatsoever. Thus, the kill time is the same. It seems they are buffing the other precision weapons through various ways.

Source: 343 Halo Bulletin 4/17/13 Looking at the DMR, we currently feel that the kill time should remain unchanged, as the weapon has become a clear favorite amongst the community due to its reliability and consistency. So tuning the Battle Rifle, LightRifle and Carbine against this weapon presented quite a challenge. Here are the tweaks that have currently been made, and the challenges associated with each.
#10phillyeagles123Posted 4/18/2013 12:38:53 PM
That1Guyy posted...
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/04/17/The-Halo-Bulletin-41713.aspx

The DMR is not being changed all. The beam rifle is receiving the aim assist reduction, not the binary rifle. Some of your facts are off, TC.

This. With this proposed update, the DMR will remain the same, but the other precision rifles will receive buffs like a 4sk BR, 7sk Carbine, and increased range for the LR. No changes are planned for the DMR.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.