Do you think Halo 5 will bounce back, or is the end nigh?

#21jakethenoobPosted 4/18/2013 2:02:28 PM
There's no way it will be good. Sequels to popular games don't get better as they go along, those are the rules.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#22SunDevil77Posted 4/18/2013 2:04:18 PM
jakethenoob posted...
There's no way it will be good. Sequels to popular games don't get better as they go along, those are the rules.

I can't tell if this is a serious post.
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#23DvoloS88Posted 4/18/2013 2:30:56 PM
That1Guyy posted...
Armor abilities are theoretically a great addition to Halo. The problem is we get a bunch of dumb ones like Xray vision and armor lock, and you can spawn willy nilly with them. If jetpack and thruster were map pick ups, they'd be perfectly fine for competitive play.

Sprint needs to go, though.

Here we go again another default sprint hater wanting to go back to moving like tanks. Sprint is the best thing to happen to halo making movement faster, smoother, and over all more entertaining.
#24Majoras_pantsPosted 4/18/2013 2:49:38 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
That1Guyy posted...
Armor abilities are theoretically a great addition to Halo. The problem is we get a bunch of dumb ones like Xray vision and armor lock, and you can spawn willy nilly with them. If jetpack and thruster were map pick ups, they'd be perfectly fine for competitive play.

Sprint needs to go, though.

Here we go again another default sprint hater wanting to go back to moving like tanks. Sprint is the best thing to happen to halo making movement faster, smoother, and over all more entertaining.

This.

Keep sprint. But make it locked out for a few seconds after being shot so people can't run away from battles as much.
#25rct two rules 3Posted 4/18/2013 2:58:12 PM
Should just release Halo 2 HD and be done with the franchise. Let it rest in pieces.
---
Currently Playing: SC2 and FE:A
Forever a Sone
#26That1GuyyPosted 4/18/2013 3:03:51 PM
The only thing sprint did for this game was make all the maps bigger to compensate for people being able to move distances faster. But since you can't fight while sprinting, we get slower gameplay because people are fighting over larger distances but still moving at a slow non-sprint speed. Halo didn't need sprint.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#27DvoloS88Posted 4/18/2013 3:33:47 PM
That1Guyy posted...
The only thing sprint did for this game was make all the maps bigger to compensate for people being able to move distances faster. But since you can't fight while sprinting, we get slower gameplay because people are fighting over larger distances but still moving at a slow non-sprint speed. Halo didn't need sprint.

As far as im concerned every fps or tps, shooters in general need some sort of sprint or bug out method.
#28That1GuyyPosted 4/18/2013 4:52:26 PM
As far as I'm concerned, a game should consider using mechanics that actually work well and not just try to copy the flavor of the month. Sprint does not belong in Halo.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#29DvoloS88Posted 4/18/2013 5:09:23 PM
That1Guyy posted...
As far as I'm concerned, a game should consider using mechanics that actually work well and not just try to copy the flavor of the month. Sprint does not belong in Halo.

Your referring to CoD im guessing, COD did not invent the ability to sprint, neither did it invent load outs. Get off your high horse and comeback to reality. Do you not realize halo 4 would be more of a cod clone by keeping the same exact formula as before? Get the power weapon in middle of the map and control the game, move like a tank while supposed to be playing as a super soldier. Seriously though have you gone back to play reach or 3? The game play is so slow and sluggish. It sheds light on how great sprint really is.
#30darealest47Posted 4/18/2013 5:34:36 PM(edited)
Halo 4 is a prime example that the xbox NEEDS new aaa ips. Halo has always been Xbox's flagship game and halo 4 population wise is abyssal. Halo 5 will NOT I repeat will NOT be any better than halo 4 and as long as Microsoft keeps playing it safe with these cookie cutter shooters that fail to wow the fans that made the games great in the first place the company, the halo games, and most importantly the console will fail. It really does pain me to say this as I am a longtime halo fan and longtime xbox fan but halo 4 is pathetic.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec