Do you think Halo 5 will bounce back, or is the end nigh?

#41iliekdatPosted 4/19/2013 8:17:47 AM
LordNobunaga posted...
All I want is

No more loadouts
No more ordinance drops
Gameplay that focuses on map control and weapon spawns
Less one-sided maps (some maps being better for a team on one side and the other team is at a big disadvantage)
Return of playable Elites
Ranking system prior to Halo 4
No more armor perks (I'm NOT referring to armor abilities)

I'll be happy with Halo 5 if most of these things are included.

why do people care about playable elites other than nostalgia and thinking it's "cool"? it seems like you just added it (and others) to the list to make it seem longer since that's such an irrelevant feature. not to mention abusable when getting headshots on them is different than getting one on a spartan
#42pcmike2Posted 4/19/2013 8:18:55 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Quote:SunDevil77 posted...
rct two rules 3 posted...
Should just release Halo 2 HD and be done with the franchise. Let it rest in pieces.

That is the mindset that will truly kill the series. We don't need a remake, we need another stellar installment.

Will never happen unless 343 wakes the f*** up. Game will continue to be ran into the ground. We probably won't even be able to recognize it by Halo 6.

@Landonio
No. Bungie changed more from Halo 3 to Reach than 343 did with Reach to 4.

Not really, we got more gametypes instead of less like 343 did. There were no custom loadouts in reach or random weapon spawns, or ordanace drops.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#43LordNobunagaPosted 4/19/2013 8:24:06 AM
@dat

Because I like them? I don't need another reason. I prefer them to be back in invasion playlists or something. And also, some of the things I listed are irrelevant to "you". I didn't make my list with you in mind, fella.
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3225 3978 6289. Elisabeth Blanctorche fanboy.
youtube.com/user/CommElite, and GT: TM07
#44iliekdatPosted 4/19/2013 8:26:26 AM
go take your sensitive defensive post and your awful list elsewhere. let people who know what they are talking about keep the discussion going
#45elitewarrior500Posted 4/19/2013 8:33:50 AM
That1Guyy posted...
As far as I'm concerned, a game should consider using mechanics that actually work well and not just try to copy the flavor of the month. Sprint does not belong in Halo.

You're wasting your time, a lot of people don't get why sprint is terrible in halo and probably never will.

---
GT:LegendaryFalco
man they got that BK Dino host - Be Kay Elite
#46BurstBearPosted 4/19/2013 8:45:19 AM
elitewarrior500 posted...
That1Guyy posted...
As far as I'm concerned, a game should consider using mechanics that actually work well and not just try to copy the flavor of the month. Sprint does not belong in Halo.

You're wasting your time, a lot of people don't get why sprint is terrible in halo and probably never will.

This thread is the first time I've ever seen anyone rationalize why Sprint is bad. Ever since November it's been nothing but "SPRINT IS BAD, COD LOADOUTS, BAAAAD" The only problem with removing sprint is the logic of it. "Why can't my Spartan run?" with there being no real answer other than gameplay issues.

I don't even think custom loadouts are bad for Halo. I just think they have been, thus far, implemented very poorly.
#47DvoloS88Posted 4/19/2013 3:02:45 PM
FaithInAll posted...
DvoloS88 posted...
That1Guyy posted...

Your referring to CoD im guessing, COD did not invent the ability to sprint, neither did it invent load outs. Get off your high horse and comeback to reality. Do you not realize halo 4 would be more of a cod clone by keeping the same exact formula as before? Get the power weapon in middle of the map and control the game, move like a tank while supposed to be playing as a super soldier. Seriously though have you gone back to play reach or 3? The game play is so slow and sluggish. It sheds light on how great sprint really is.

I like how you bring up COD. Just goes to show that while he never said COD invented sprint nor loadouts, you're a fine example of how it clearly popularized said features to the point every developer feels their game needs them.

Dude said copying flavor of the month. What other game came out in november that would be considered flavor of the month still to this day? I f****** wonder smart ass, stop sucking this guy off and read closer next time.
#48DvoloS88Posted 4/19/2013 3:05:53 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
FaithInAll posted...
DvoloS88 posted...
That1Guyy posted...

Your referring to CoD im guessing, COD did not invent the ability to sprint, neither did it invent load outs. Get off your high horse and comeback to reality. Do you not realize halo 4 would be more of a cod clone by keeping the same exact formula as before? Get the power weapon in middle of the map and control the game, move like a tank while supposed to be playing as a super soldier. Seriously though have you gone back to play reach or 3? The game play is so slow and sluggish. It sheds light on how great sprint really is.

I like how you bring up COD. Just goes to show that while he never said COD invented sprint nor loadouts, you're a fine example of how it clearly popularized said features to the point every developer feels their game needs them.

Dude said copying flavor of the month. What other game came out in november that would be considered flavor of the month still to this day? I f****** wonder smart ass, stop sucking this guy off and read closer next time.

CoD is the only other game he could be talking about considering its the only game halo 4 is accused of ripping off. Logic.
#49FaithInAllPosted 4/19/2013 4:17:06 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
DvoloS88 posted...
FaithInAll posted...
DvoloS88 posted...
That1Guyy posted...

CoD is the only other game he could be talking about considering its the only game halo 4 is accused of ripping off. Logic.

So you completely ignore the part where you falsely accused him of saying COD invented anything and missed the entire point I was making? Stay classy.