What's with the lag in this game?

#1XImperialDragonPosted 4/18/2013 3:46:17 PM
I just got done playing a couple matches with my friend 'cause we both got off work at the same time and had some time to kill.

Keep in mind this was my first couple matches playing in a while, but they were annoying as hell. A couple guys on the enemy team had similar names and were pretty decent, but they would keep disappearing and reappearing close to where they originally were (like doing a teleport every couple inches instead of being animated the whole way through- made shooting with precision weapons a pain in the ass). Hell, it got so bad to one point that I shotgunned one of them in the face while they were corner camping with a sword, it gave me +10 for my kill and while I was turning around to walk away from this location I fell over dead from being sworded by the guy I just killed. No bulltrue, no nothing. On his screen he got a kill from the grave, apparently. With his sword. After I killed him.

I don't even want to get into how many times I would shoot a dude in the head after popping his shield and then after my shot connects, the enemy fires, kills me and my shot never came out at all (like the game would show it going directly through the enemy's face but it doesn't register on their shields or game).

My connection speed is 30Mbps down, 4Mbps up. Why is Halo 4 acting like it has Modern Warfare 3's lag compensation? Is there anything I can do to fix this?
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#2Majoras_pantsPosted 4/18/2013 3:50:00 PM
Get a better connection.
#3XImperialDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:48:17 PM(edited)
If it needs more than 30Mbps down then there's a significantly larger problem with this game.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#4PathlessBulletPosted 4/18/2013 6:45:49 PM
I assume it's just a problem on your end TC. Where do you live?
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#5XImperialDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 6:53:01 PM
Northeast US.
---
#6lderivedxPosted 4/18/2013 6:55:15 PM
If it needs more than 30Mbps down then there's a significantly larger problem with this game.

Your ping matters more
---
XD your logic is beyond flawless. In fact, it's so far beyond flawless that it's gone full circle and become completely moronic. - Burnzie
#7LandonioPosted 4/18/2013 6:56:59 PM
I have noticed an unusual amount of SKrafes and teleporting lately. Lost many a 1v1 battle due the these shenanigans.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing: Halo 4, Oblivion: GOTY Edition, Banjo-Tooie HD, Ninja Gaiden II, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
#8L337_MuffenPosted 4/18/2013 6:57:26 PM
Were you split screen?
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#9XImperialDragon(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 7:04:07 PM
Your ping matters more

I can't select a server's location far as I can tell. Is there a way to prefer good connection like in Halo 3, so it would matchmake me with closer players thus minimizing the ping issue?

Were you split screen?
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen

Yes. Why? We weren't having frame rate drops as we were mostly sticking to Adrift and Haven. Don't tell me this affects your latency even without visual issues...
---