14 Day Gold Trial - code not working.

#1jofeesey878Posted 4/21/2013 5:57:56 AM
In advance I will say that I don't know a lot about the way this works but....

Last weekend I purchased my son Halo 4 and inside was a free code for "14 Day Xbox Live Gold Trial". His Gold membership expired today and when I tried to put in the 25 character code it didn't work. Managed to get him back on Gold for a month using an unused code from another game. Would prefer to use this code when the current one expires to give me time to search out a good deal for 12 month membership. He has only ever had the free trial Gold membership and now a free code from a game. Can anyone help me please?
#2butsizzlePosted 4/21/2013 6:12:19 AM
If the game was purchased used (as opposed to brand new still sealed in the wrapper) then the code may have already been used by someone else.

Assuming the game is brand new and the code is not used then you need to call Xbox tech support. I'm sure there is a number on the back of the trial code card, but in case there isn't here you go...

1-800-4MY-XBOX

International: 425-635-7180

Also, try Amazon for good deals on 12 month subs...

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership Card

Hope this helped.
---
"Did you just say that you respect pedophiles?" - butsizzle
"Hell yeah." - _Sawyer
#3SuperSaiyanGokuPosted 4/21/2013 6:14:50 AM
When you said it expired today, is he still able to play online before you used the 1 month?

The code doesn't work if you're still a gold member.

Check amazon or eBay when buying live. You'll be able to get it around $35-$45
#4jofeesey878(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 6:40:42 AM
The game was purchased brand new from Tesco. Thanks for the info - I will give them a call!

As far as the free month membership expiring - I haven't a clue if he was still able to go online. I can only assume that it reverted to Silver as he came and woke me up at 6:50 this morning as he wanted to chat to his friends while playing (he's 9 so I'd stupidly told him not to put any codes in by himself)! Was probably wanting to play Minecraft or Black Ops 1 or 2.

Wasn't sure if it was due to his age? I thought he'd need my parental Xbox account to register the code but it seems not. How things have changed - I grew up with a Vic 20 and Commodore 64 (this one I still have)!