Is this game worth $40?

#11BuyersRemorse55Posted 4/22/2013 8:16:42 AM
I just bought it too, like a lot so far. Graphics are amazing, some of best on xbox and in consoles in general.

The VA is top notch especially Chief and Cortanna. The campaign is good so far. The new enemies are total pain the ass especially on heroic or higher. I havent finished it yet but it seems like you end in a lot of cool places to fight.

I'd also like to mention the sound this game. Its amazing. If you have a high quality head set or a good sound set up, your gonna be ear orgasming big time. They really went above in beyod for the sound in this game. The music though, I'd say is a small step back, I definatly prefered the Halo 1-3 style music. More percussion and electronic.

Multiplayer:

Spartan Ops, seems pretty cool so far, Ive only done a episode, but I hear episodes 6-10 are a lot better then 1-5.

Then the rest of the multi Im liking so far. Ordance drops are a cool feature. I think the loadouts are kinda dumb for Halo since it seems like the DMR is the go to weapon for alomst everyone, it feels like the gnasher in Gears of War. But DMR battles arent as fun as gnasher duels.I keep on reading about a new balance patch coming so maybe they will change things up a bit. I'll also say I didnt start playing Halo online till reach. So far I do prefer Reach, but I've only had Halo 4 for like 2 days so I definatly need to give it some more time.
#12Sephiroth9704Posted 4/22/2013 9:03:22 AM
i just sold mine for $20
#13Faliz18Posted 4/22/2013 6:50:04 PM
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
I just bought it too, like a lot so far. Graphics are amazing, some of best on xbox and in consoles in general.

The VA is top notch especially Chief and Cortanna. The campaign is good so far. The new enemies are total pain the ass especially on heroic or higher. I havent finished it yet but it seems like you end in a lot of cool places to fight.

I'd also like to mention the sound this game. Its amazing. If you have a high quality head set or a good sound set up, your gonna be ear orgasming big time. They really went above in beyod for the sound in this game. The music though, I'd say is a small step back, I definatly prefered the Halo 1-3 style music. More percussion and electronic.

Multiplayer:

Spartan Ops, seems pretty cool so far, Ive only done a episode, but I hear episodes 6-10 are a lot better then 1-5.

Then the rest of the multi Im liking so far. Ordance drops are a cool feature. I think the loadouts are kinda dumb for Halo since it seems like the DMR is the go to weapon for alomst everyone, it feels like the gnasher in Gears of War. But DMR battles arent as fun as gnasher duels.I keep on reading about a new balance patch coming so maybe they will change things up a bit. I'll also say I didnt start playing Halo online till reach. So far I do prefer Reach, but I've only had Halo 4 for like 2 days so I definatly need to give it some more time.

The DMR Isn't nearly as bad as the Gnasher. In Gears 3 I really enjoyed MP because stopping power made all the guns viable. Judgment on the other hand, is unplayable without the Gnasher. Only other gun coming close in Classic HB. I'm never playing Judgment's MP outside Overrun again.

At least 343 is trying. I'm hype for 4 shot BR.
---
PSN/XBL-Faliz18
Awaiting: Mario Wii U, Zelda Wii U, Elder Scrolls 6, Halo 5, Destiny, Arkham Origins, and Retro's project.
#14xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/22/2013 8:04:37 PM
After playing this game for nearly 6 months, I can say that I haven't felt this kind of excitement and joy from a Halo title since 3 hit xbox, and since CE hit the original xbox.
---
Saying I'm one of the best is just rude. All the people who don't agree look stupid then, and I don't want to make everyone feel stupid. (GT)- GotMyProSocksOn
#15PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 8:32:36 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
After playing this game for nearly 6 months, I can say that I haven't felt this kind of excitement and joy from a Halo title since 3 hit xbox, and since CE hit the original xbox.

Yeah, I went ahead and bought it.

Loving the faster pace of the multiplayer so far.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#16xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/23/2013 1:51:57 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

Yeah, I went ahead and bought it.

Loving the faster pace of the multiplayer so far.

It's like they took all the right elements and mashed them together into the perfect, competitive shooter.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
#17That1GuyyPosted 4/23/2013 7:28:32 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
It's like they took all the right elements and mashed them together into the perfect, competitive shooter.

Funnily enough, all of my compatriots and I feel the exact opposite.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#18PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:49:40 PM(edited)
My only complaints so far:

- The map variety is lacking and apparently the game only shipped with 8 maps, which is kinda mediocre when a yearly CoD game launches with upwards of 18

- It appears that the DMR is ever so slightly the best starting weapon choice for any engagement no matter the range

- Grenades are poo

- The interface for matchmaking is awful! Giant tiled player cards and all. Minor, but still... ick.

- The lack of anisotropic filtering makes distant textures look blurry. (I'll graphics whore about this some more later)

- Oh, and the warthog with the railgun mounted on top is OP as you can get. Ridiculous.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#19ueyjkdiPosted 4/23/2013 9:15:59 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
My only complaints so far:

- The map variety is lacking and apparently the game only shipped with 8 maps, which is kinda mediocre when a yearly CoD game launches with upwards of 18

- It appears that the DMR is ever so slightly the best starting weapon choice for any engagement no matter the range

- Grenades are poo

- The interface for matchmaking is awful! Giant tiled player cards and all. Minor, but still... ick.

- The lack of anisotropic filtering makes distant textures look blurry. (I'll graphics whore about this some more later)

- Oh, and the warthog with the railgun mounted on top is OP as you can get. Ridiculous.

I think the MP is very fun when you're starting off. Everyone is using different tactics and loadouts. In the beginning I loved playing on Exile. But for me, once my SR rank got higher, and I got matched with experienced players, the fun factor dramatically went downhill. Before I sold my game, I was at the max SR130, everyone was using the same loadouts and did the exact same thing.

In big team slayer, Exile was almost always picked and the blue team just spam the gauss hog the whole match. I always backed out of the lobby when Exile showed up.
I would have definitely kept this game if only there were more maps. Always playing the same maps over and over again really made it tiring.

Well that's my experience. Hope you enjoy the game more than I did.
#20jwoodruff18Posted 4/25/2013 7:56:37 AM
Yes it is.

I'm not sure how using the DMR is stale? Everyone in Reach used it and in H3 and H2 the BR was without a doubt the primary weapon of choice. Was H3 or H2 stale? No.

Reach, IMO, had the worst multiplayer. The DMR was inconsistent because of bloom, which just ruined it for me. The competitive aspect was not there. Hating the DMR in H4 just shows that someone has very little skill at FPS's. All this talk about remaking H2 is funny. H4 is an amazing game. People need to learn to adapt.