Just finished watching all Spartan Ops Episodes (of course spoilers)

#1Weems2kPosted 4/21/2013 1:39:20 PM
So it looks like they're setting up Halsey to be siding with the Covenant as payback for the UNSC's attempt on her life. I think it's more she'll end up just using the Covenant against the Humans as a plan to reforge The Key. Also, for some reason I think with the power of The Artifact, she'll turn herself into a reborn Cortana. After all, she was created based on Halsey.

And with that, she'll reunite with The Chief in which case he'll be sort of a rouge Spartan. Not with the Humans. Not with the Covenant. But for himself. Of course with the impending return of the Precursors/Flood, it'll be up to him to put a stop to them, and reclaim The Mantle. It wold be an interesting twist in Halo 5 that for the first time you can go up against Humans, and Covenant. Along with The Flood, and Prometheans.
---
Sorry, bout your damn luck!!!
#2ThunderCavalierPosted 4/21/2013 2:32:00 PM
That... actually would be a pretty awesome twist.

However, I can't see 343i pulling something like that. Halo 4's story was pretty weak, and I can't see them doing something like this to redeem themselves.
---
This sig will self-destruct in 3.... 2.... 1.... Thank you for your time. Cookie? ^_^
#3darren19822000Posted 4/23/2013 1:30:07 PM
to put it in a way you youngsters can relate...it would be like john cena being a bad guy. fans would cry SO bad that it wouldnt be something they would risk. they already lost fans after this game
---
gt darren reefnugs
#4krazyninjaman3Posted 4/24/2013 2:28:11 PM
I lik u
#5AurawhispererPosted 4/24/2013 2:33:48 PM
If only Ween was hired.

Bungie would pull this. But 343 so far has proven to be the worst developers ever
---
Official Troll joker and Serious Chatter box.
Black 2: Zack: 4170 3222 6265 White 2: Zakary: 0820 1802 3233. Chat off while trading
#6Weems2k(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:16:55 PM
darren19822000 posted...
to put it in a way you youngsters can relate...it would be like john cena being a bad guy. fans would cry SO bad that it wouldnt be something they would risk. they already lost fans after this game

I've been waiting for Cena to go heel for over 5 years now......
---
Sorry, bout your damn luck!!!
#7darren19822000Posted 4/24/2013 4:32:20 PM
Weems2k posted...
darren19822000 posted...

I've been waiting for Cena to go heel for over 5 years now......

tell the 10 year olds to stop buying his merch....look how much it helped hogans career late. it could do the same for cena
---
gt darren reefnugs
#8forthnbackPosted 4/25/2013 9:25:58 PM
Interesting ideas, but John will never go rogue. He's an SII, and they're basically indoctrinated from childhood. I can't see him finally seeing the Covenant shattered and Humanity on the upswing, after 30 years of him fighting the Covies, to suddenly abandon the UNSC in the face of the Didact and his Prometheans.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat . . . . . . . . . [[GT: Burns Like Dawn]]
#9Demigod_ElessarPosted 4/25/2013 9:55:23 PM
forthnback posted...
Interesting ideas, but John will never go rogue. He's an SII, and they're basically indoctrinated from childhood. I can't see him finally seeing the Covenant shattered and Humanity on the upswing, after 30 years of him fighting the Covies, to suddenly abandon the UNSC in the face of the Didact and his Prometheans.

I could see him MAYBE losing faith in the UNSC. Especially after all he's been through, losing Cortana, and especially if he ever found out Osman ordered Halsey's execution. I could see John (and maybe the other Spartan II's) assisting Halsey over anybody else in the UNSC.

Plus, I still have my predictions that ONI/Osman are being set up as potential villains, or at least neutral antagonists. I could see John wanting to go out and find Halsey/another Cortana, and ONI disapproving of it. Therefore, maybe Osman may want to get rid of the Chief? Then, the gloves would come off

I could also see a possible scenario of ONI creating the Spartan IV's or V's to surpass the Spartan II's. Therefore, they may try to get rid of the Spartan II's, so they don't pose any problems in the future (I got this vibe from the unknown person who interrogated Halsey in the prologue of Halo 4). Then, I could see John and the Spartan II's rebelling against the UNSC, and possibly going rogue.

Will these potentially complex and interesting storylines happen? Probably not; we'll probably just get some generic Flood/Precursor storyline in Halo 5 and 6 and none of this will ever see the light of day. But it's still fun to predict from time to time.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar