So with talk of microtransactions...

#11xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/24/2013 12:47:20 PM
I just want my Rogue helmet from 3.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken when it comes to a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#12UltimaKeyMasterPosted 4/24/2013 12:51:42 PM
Completely cosmetic microtransactions? Well, those are the only ones I'd ever give a pass, so go right ahead.
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade, Xbox Live-Red Skyblade 64
Steam-brandonskysword
#13metroidman92Posted 4/24/2013 1:42:45 PM
Wait, I thought Halo couldn't get new armor via DLC. Bungie always said it had something to do with how the Maps generate armor permutations, and that new armor would require re-downloading each individual map.

Did 343 find a way to overcome this? (And if so, why the hell don't we have Campaign/SpOps theater yet?)
---
Finding it, though... that's not the hard part. It's letting go.
#14xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/24/2013 2:59:38 PM
metroidman92 posted...
Wait, I thought Halo couldn't get new armor via DLC. Bungie always said it had something to do with how the Maps generate armor permutations, and that new armor would require re-downloading each individual map.

Did 343 find a way to overcome this? (And if so, why the hell don't we have Campaign/SpOps theater yet?)

I don't see how bungie could use that as an excuse to be honest. If all the maps generated the armor perms, then it would be easy enough you'd think to have one large title update like they've done in the past, that included both the new armor perms via DLC like Gears of War has done, along with the "background re-download of all maps to accommodate the perms.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken when it comes to a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#15metroidman92Posted 4/24/2013 3:27:44 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
metroidman92 posted...

I don't see how bungie could use that as an excuse to be honest. If all the maps generated the armor perms, then it would be easy enough you'd think to have one large title update like they've done in the past, that included both the new armor perms via DLC like Gears of War has done, along with the "background re-download of all maps to accommodate the perms.

They claimed it would require a 'multi-gigabyte' update to accomplish that. Truthfully, I don't understand why maps are/were even tied to armor in the first place. Like you said, other games have DLC skins, and they function just fine.
---
Finding it, though... that's not the hard part. It's letting go.