shouldn't H4 online population be higher ?

#1Mystic_EhrgeizPosted 4/24/2013 7:32:11 PM
I just have one big question that's been haunting me for quite some time now.

Halo was the trend setter, the new standard for FPS at the time and what most FPS nowadays use. You get the point, and please, I am by no means trying to flame or troll, just stating facts and outcomes.

Halo was with out a doubt one the biggest FPS of out generation. With that all said, my question remains...why is that when playing online, the total population of people playing, even at its peak, doesn't even come close to the numbers that other games have ? (namely COD)

shouldn't this be like the must have game for all Xbox owners and/or users ? on a regular day, I've seen over 200k + players on COD (or thats what the number said) and adding all H4 playlists doesn't even come close to a fourth of that. why is that ?

maybe because I haven't been on the Halo community for too long and that's why theres a point or something that I'm completely missing.
#2lderivedxPosted 4/24/2013 7:35:09 PM
maybe because the game is boring
---
XD your logic is beyond flawless. In fact, it's so far beyond flawless that it's gone full circle and become completely moronic. - Burnzie
#3Mystic_Ehrgeiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 7:37:56 PM
that sounds like your personal opinion and not an actual proven fact.

i respect your opinion but unless you speak for every single H4 player, then theres not much I can do with that
#4lderivedxPosted 4/24/2013 7:39:24 PM
you asked a question and i answered

i'm sorry it's not something you like to hear
---
what do you expect from a gun (DMR) that has a krazy-straw for a barrel? - irishman5705
GT: i derive dx
#5That1GuyyPosted 4/24/2013 7:43:44 PM
No, this game is super boring. Trying to search matchmaking alone made me turn my Xbox off mid-game.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#6ALostGrenadePosted 4/24/2013 7:44:03 PM
Because CoD=easy mode.
---
"People die when they are killed."
GT: A Lost Grenade
#7xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/24/2013 7:46:57 PM
When you look at the top played Xbox live games for April - http://majornelson.com/2013/04/06/live-activity-for-week-of-april-1st/

You can see that 2 of the top 5 are Call of Duty titles, the other 3 are Minecraft, Fifa and Halo.

Out of 3 competitive shooters, Halo is the lowest because of one sole reason....

12 yearolds love COD.

Adults enjoy a more polished, higher rated experience and out of the percentage of adults that have time to play xbox live, that number is dwarfed by the amount of over weight 12 year olds living their lives on through COD.

Halo 4's online numbers are still in the Top 5 of games player online over Xbox live, so really, I don't think Halo's population is anything to scuff over when it's still the 2nd most played shooter on consoles. (When grouping COD Blops and MW3 in the same)
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken when it comes to a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#8lderivedxPosted 4/24/2013 7:54:48 PM
Adults enjoy a more polished, higher rated experience and out of the percentage of adults that have time to play xbox live, that number is dwarfed by the amount of over weight 12 year olds living their lives on through COD.

This TC is what pulling a rationalization out of your ass looks like.
---
in PvP... the Grammardin is invincible. But in PvM I find the Mathazon to be much stronger... as long as you've maxed out Derivatives.-wing
#9That1GuyyPosted 4/24/2013 8:00:26 PM
60% of gamers are over the age of 18. I highly, highly doubt Call of Duty's dominance has anything to do with your conspiracy theory of catering to 12 year olds ruining gaming.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2012.pdf
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#10Mystic_Ehrgeiz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 8:24:27 PM
i play both games, or maybe I'm trying to stay as neutral as possible here. talking crap about any other game on a (halo) board would be ridiculous.

both games have different physics and different appeals, thats a fact.

but taking into account that Halo franchise actually does its job at polishing games and selling games that have a longer appeal with ever changing game lists. whereas I see the COD franchise as a master minded "planned obsolesce" in which the games, although fun, last only a few months until the urge for a "new" COD is set in motion.

then again, this are my personal opinions but still...i want to understand at what point did this franchise stopped been the go to FPS by excellence and lost the lead. (or maybe restating my original question, why aren't the numbers higher ?)