shouldn't H4 online population be higher ?

#41AurawhispererPosted 4/26/2013 12:25:15 PM
If I want to play Cod or Battlefield, I'll play that then.

I'm not into Call of halo. If I want Halo, I'll go to 3 or Reach
---
It's funny how so many immature imbeciles on here try hard hating me. You think I care, yet I don't.
Try harder kid. You amuse me :)
#42Spoke_WreckerPosted 4/26/2013 12:58:19 PM
The only negative aspect 3 really had coming from 2 was the neutered BR. Otherwise, the game was great.

Reach was the real downfall. Changing equipment from on map pickups to rechargable spawn abilities, bloom, and sprinting, all combined with a poor map selection is what killed Reach.

Luckily, everything except the bad maps was fixed with MLG settings, but it was too little too late.

Meh. I had problems with a lot of the core aspects of the game physics. It just felt slow, sluggish and daunting to play.
---
There's two types of people in this world without beards. Women and Children. I'm a man Ok? I have a beard!
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ GT: SPIDUX
#43lderivedxPosted 4/26/2013 1:55:47 PM
Otherwise, the game was great.

You must have blocked equipment pickups from your memory. It's ok, for I envy you for that.
---
If you still have any problems with my post I highly recommend you get over it. - Navex
GT: i derive dx
#44fiasco86Posted 4/26/2013 1:58:41 PM
Mystic_Ehrgeiz posted...
that sounds like your personal opinion and not an actual proven fact.

i respect your opinion but unless you speak for every single H4 player, then theres not much I can do with that

He wasn't speaking for every single Halo 4 player.

He was speaking for the ones not playing it.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#45VauntXPosted 4/26/2013 2:05:24 PM
Hey, does anyone remember The Pit, Sniper Tower and the mother******* regenerator.

I loved Halo 3, but god damn it that sucked.
#46That1GuyyPosted 4/26/2013 2:09:14 PM
Yeah, I forgot about regen on The Pit. That wasn't a very good piece of equipment. It was too powerful. It should have switched places with the drain ball on center bridge or removed from the map altogether.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#47lderivedxPosted 4/26/2013 2:10:00 PM
removed from the game altogether.

regen was stupid good in doubles
---
I was never aiming to be mature though. I was aiming to be right and dammit, I've got good aim. - MrSty GT: i derive dx
#48fiasco86Posted 4/26/2013 2:15:06 PM
That1Guyy posted...
Yeah, I forgot about regen on The Pit. That wasn't a very good piece of equipment. It was too powerful. It should have switched places with the drain ball on center bridge or removed from the map altogether.

Better yet, they never should have added equipment. Or a lot of the other bullcrap they added to Halo 2 and 3. I'm looking at you, dual-wielding.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#49That1GuyyPosted 4/26/2013 2:17:09 PM
It could have been easily balanced by having two drains per one regen on any map with the regen present, and then changing the drain balls so that contact with the drain field instantly destroyed the regen device.

No need to remove it from the game. Much like the rocket launcher, it is the most powerful entity in its item class, and as long as it can be effectively countered, it adds positively to the game.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#50VauntXPosted 4/26/2013 2:17:09 PM
I think people are a bit too hard on equipment as a concept. I just think the ones in Halo 3 were poorly designed and often gimmicky. But in terms of injecting new life into a game series, they could have worked.