Halo 4 Bulletin 4.24.13 Weapon Tuning and Join in Progress Updates

#31RAGEface14Posted 4/25/2013 3:51:56 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
bd0g5 posted...
lol AR buff?

Less aim assist at least, bad players will actually have to aim.

Implying Ar users are bad players? As oppose to you rifle w***** who don't ever wanna get up close and get into a real fire fight. Great logic B!

lol
---
RAGEface14
I said nevermind man, DAMN!
#32That1GuyyPosted 4/25/2013 3:58:00 PM
lol AR buff?

Making the AR a viable weapon is important. It allows less skilled players an easier to use alternative to the utility weapons that enables them to consistently get kills on their fellow less skilled players in a reasonable amount of time. Ensuring that the game is fast paced (it isn't if you miss two thirds of your DMR shots all the time) and easy to play at the low level helps to introduce new players into the game. Being welcoming to new players is important to every game community.

The biggest problem that requires careful consideration is figuring out a method to encourage these players to practice with the utility weapons and eventually wean themselves off of the automatics on their own accord. I think the generous aim assist was one method of doing so, but it failed because the aim assist reaches into the higher level of play, making it too easy for more skilled players.

DvoloS88 posted...
Implying Ar users are bad players? As oppose to you rifle w***** who don't ever wanna get up close and get into a real fire fight. Great logic B!

When it comes down to it, if you primarily use the AR, you very likely aren't good at the game, but using the AR does not necessarily mean you're bad at the game in terms of skill.

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that using a precision rifle makes you a whore, other than a case of you going "stop liking what I don't like." And your arbitrary definition of what constitutes a real firefight is meaningless.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#33Spoke_WreckerPosted 4/25/2013 4:02:50 PM
Welp, it looks like the DMR won't be King of the Rifle Ranges for long.

Also:
And I'm not just saying that because I'm creepy for him.

Best part of this topic.
---
There's two types of people in this world without beards. Women and Children. I'm a man Ok? I have a beard!
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ GT: SPIDUX
#34jester48Posted 4/25/2013 10:07:46 PM
I thought the best part of this topic was

---
XBL GT: Jester was good
#35ssj3bladePosted 4/26/2013 3:09:35 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
Welp, it looks like the DMR won't be King of the Rifle Ranges for long.

Also:
And I'm not just saying that because I'm creepy for him.

Best part of this topic.

Do you play AoE Spidux?
---
http://www.imgur.com/gRn0NSE.png
~ ssj3blade ~
#36DvoloS88Posted 4/26/2013 7:02:57 AM
That1Guyy posted...
lol AR buff?

Making the AR a viable weapon is important. It allows less skilled players an easier to use alternative to the utility weapons that enables them to consistently get kills on their fellow less skilled players in a reasonable amount of time. Ensuring that the game is fast paced (it isn't if you miss two thirds of your DMR shots all the time) and easy to play at the low level helps to introduce new players into the game. Being welcoming to new players is important to every game community.

The biggest problem that requires careful consideration is figuring out a method to encourage these players to practice with the utility weapons and eventually wean themselves off of the automatics on their own accord. I think the generous aim assist was one method of doing so, but it failed because the aim assist reaches into the higher level of play, making itit too easy for more skilled players.

DvoloS88 posted...

When it comes down to it, if you primarily use the AR, you very likely aren't good at the game, but using the AR does not necessarily mean you're bad at the game in terms of skill.

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that using a precision rifle makes you a whore, other than a case of you going "stop liking what I don't like." And your arbitrary definition of what constitutes a real firefight is meaningless.

Um ok when it comes down to it if you primarily use the aim assist head hunting machine (dmr) and sit back every map waiting for people to come out into the open or just take peoples kills with the all to easy head shots your a bad player. The Ar is finally useful after bungie destroyed it following halo ce, and clearly takes more skill to use on medium to big maps because you have to close in the distance on people. By rifle w**** im clearly referring to the players who use the dmr 24 7 or even the other rifles that all dominate medium range. I use all the weapons, I find it extremely boring to use the same gun over and over even in CoD or BF3. Anyways nothing is more satisfying than out gunning a rifle user at medium range with the ar.
---
I troll the trolls...
#37lderivedxPosted 4/26/2013 7:16:31 AM
lol

people actually think this
---
If you still have any problems with my post I highly recommend you get over it. - Navex
GT: i derive dx
#38That1GuyyPosted 4/26/2013 11:21:24 AM(edited)
DvoloS88 posted...
Um ok when it comes down to it if you primarily use the aim assist head hunting machine (dmr) and sit back every map waiting for people to come out into the open or just take peoples kills with the all to easy head shots your a bad player.

Good thing I never said that good players do that. As a whole, good players don't play big team, which means that the only time they'd be on a big map is on an objective gametype, and you don't play the objective from the back of the map.

The Ar is finally useful after bungie destroyed it following halo ce, and clearly takes more skill to use on medium to big maps because you have to close in the distance on people.

Consistently aiming for the head requires significantly more skill than pushing your left stick forward while spraying your AR at another player. Additionally, the risk of getting headshotted heavily encourages strafing, which is also a skill that isn't present in AR battles.

By rifle w**** im clearly referring to the players who use the dmr 24 7 or even the other rifles that all dominate medium range. I use all the weapons, I find it extremely boring to use the same gun over and over even in CoD or BF3.

I find using all the different guns boring when they've been introduced solely for the sake of variety and not for differing gameplay mechanics in their use. I also find it boring to use the AR because I am limited in who I can fight, while fighting people who have the AR is boring because they pose no threat to me.

Anyways nothing is more satisfying than out gunning a rifle user at medium range with the ar.

Everyone finds it satisfying to beat people better than them. For me, though, my superiors don't use AR's.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#39RAGEface14Posted 4/26/2013 11:20:02 AM
lderivedx posted...
lol

people actually think this

See? When our resident supercomputer Derive can't fathom it, it is illogical.
---
RAGEface14
I said nevermind man, DAMN!
#40PathlessBulletPosted 4/26/2013 12:22:06 PM
I like the part where the DMR remains superiorly aim assisted easymode.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."