Will the most conservative team mostly win

#11wombat013Posted 4/26/2013 3:59:03 PM
It's always about player skill. Ive had teams obliterate my team by forcing us to "hunt them down". Alternatively, Ive been a part of the team that Obliterated the team because they cowered and played too defensively. However, it seems like the team that makes you hunt them down does a little better usually, but not always, because that's usually a team who made a plan which means they have players who cared enough to plan in the first place and those teams usually win.
---
He who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge
#12Killean_NuggetsPosted 4/26/2013 5:06:56 PM
It's always about player skill. Ive had teams obliterate my team by forcing us to "hunt them down". Alternatively, Ive been a part of the team that Obliterated the team because they cowered and played too defensively. However, it seems like the team that makes you hunt them down does a little better usually, but not always, because that's usually a team who made a plan which means they have players who cared enough to plan in the first place and those teams usually win.

Bad
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#13combatcm1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 5:21:28 PM
20_sided_death posted...
Put up a good fight? Yes. Win? probably not most of the time.

If you are a team of scrubs hanging back and taking cover a lot, its a good tactic but, eventually the better team will close the distance. From my experience the better player will win in a close range fight. Once they start picking off the scrubs and the "bad" team starts respawning in random spots on the map it will be over for them.

But I don't think you need to be the BEST team to win consistently. You just need to actually play with people that communicate. You know, call out what the enemy is doing/driving, sniper locations, people with power weapons, vehicle spawns and attempt to come up with some strategies if things start to go downhill.

Most people play the random matchmaking without a headset so those teams might have one or two really good players that present a challenge. It won't make up for all the other people not minding their K/D running into the open and getting killed by a well organized team of mildly skilled players.

Thanks for the intelligent response
#14SterlingFoxPosted 4/26/2013 5:25:18 PM
If I'm on the defending team, they'll probably do well.

Not because I'm good at the game, but because I'm really good at defense for whatever reason. I can generally hold off like 3 people alone while playing CTF.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#15Killean_NuggetsPosted 4/26/2013 5:25:52 PM
20_sided_death posted...
Put up a good fight? Yes. Win? probably not most of the time.

If you are a team of scrubs hanging back and taking cover a lot, its a good tactic but, eventually the better team will close the distance. From my experience the better player will win in a close range fight. Once they start picking off the scrubs and the "bad" team starts respawning in random spots on the map it will be over for them.

But I don't think you need to be the BEST team to win consistently. You just need to actually play with people that communicate. You know, call out what the enemy is doing/driving, sniper locations, people with power weapons, vehicle spawns and attempt to come up with some strategies if things start to go downhill.

Most people play the random matchmaking without a headset so those teams might have one or two really good players that present a challenge. It won't make up for all the other people not minding their K/D running into the open and getting killed by a well organized team of mildly skilled players.

Thanks for the intelligent response

Sure, if you consider a long response from someone that has just as little a clue about what they are talking about as you.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#16elitewarrior500Posted 4/26/2013 5:27:58 PM
well lets just say me and a few buddies pushed an enemy team using camo and they freaked out unable to do anything cause they too busy worrying about themselves cause camo.. they quit so fast after being pushed and killed easily
---
GT:LegendaryFalco
man they got that BK Dino host - Be Kay Elite