Why do people insist on picking non-Pro/Infinity settings?

#1JaidabeccaPosted 4/26/2013 10:00:29 AM
This question is to any who care to answer & is about any playlist that has a "Pro" & non-pro variant mixed in.In particular it's about Rumble Pit.

Seriously, it's incredibly f***ing annoying to play Rumble Pit while no one is online & have all the stupid casuals pick Infinity settings because they want their stupid ass Prom. Vision(yeah, give players the ability to see through walls, GG 343), Boltshot, AC, etc., etc.

I suppose minor rant over & I wouldn't doubt that someone is going to either defend non-pro/Infinity settings(probably enterthebadrox, DvoloScrub88), or call me bad but I don't care. I just prefer having a game where an even playing field is there & skill prevails as opposed to kids being able to see me through a wall because their awareness sucks or getting a Fuel Rod from a lucky bulls*** Ordnance drop by getting 9 assists & 0 kills.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#2RAGEface14Posted 4/26/2013 10:08:50 AM
Because some people can't play without crutches.
---
RAGEface14
I said nevermind man, DAMN!
#3supermoc10Posted 4/26/2013 10:10:36 AM(edited)
Funny thing happened to me yesterday:

I JiPed a game of Infinity Rumble on Dispatch (worst gametype in that playlist IMO). Then at one point, I got second place with 110 while the leader was at 190 points. The game decided to give a Fuel Rod Cannon which allowed me to close the distance and get 210 point while the leader had 240 points. Then guess what? The game decides that I deserve a Binary Rifle. Needless to say I won the match 250-240. I felt so bad afterwards (the guy out-BRed me almost every time we met) that I sent a message to the guy, saying that I did not deserve to win and that he's much better than me.

TL;DR: Random Ordnance is r*****ed.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#4GnomegheddonPosted 4/26/2013 10:13:20 AM
I know what you're talking about and totally agree with you. Even though I'm one of those people whose awareness sucks, I still think its fair to not play with radar and all of those factors that take skill out of the game. I personally hate PV because I usually play locally with friends on the same system and one of the guys I play with uses it non-stop plus the AR. You shouldn't get rewarded for running circles around a map without any care in the world about where you're setting your foot.
---
GT: Gnomegheddon
Here, let me wash the stupid off of you...wait, it's not coming off.
#5RODlMUS_PRlMEPosted 4/26/2013 11:12:59 AM
Pro is boring deal with it
#6Spoke_WreckerPosted 4/26/2013 11:17:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7RODlMUS_PRlMEPosted 4/26/2013 11:18:56 AM
0/10 that's what butthurt haters actually believe cry more
#8WARRlORPosted 4/26/2013 11:19:48 AM
#9Spoke_WreckerPosted 4/26/2013 11:24:21 AM
#10Spoke_WreckerPosted 4/26/2013 11:25:14 AM
From: RODlMUS_PRlME | Posted: 4/26/2013 11:18:56 AM | #007
0/10 that's what butthurt haters actually believe cry more

Does it hurt your feelers knowing that just about everyone on this board, myself included, is better than you in anyway shape or form?

And I know a certain mod that has entirely too much time on his hands.
---
There's two types of people in this world without beards. Women and Children. I'm a man Ok? I have a beard!
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ GT: SPIDUX