I remade Basin in Halo 4.

#1That1GuyyPosted 4/28/2013 12:55:55 AM
Basin being one of the maps that I made in Reach. It didn't get played very much in Reach, but I feel like it isn't that bad, so I wanted to give it another chance to be tested.

Right now all I need to do is add the ordnance points, but I don't know what the AGL settings are for spawning weapons. I also don't know how big I need to make the radius for the flag capture plate.

It'll be up on my fileshare once I at least put some plain ordnance points on the map.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#2MVK23Posted 4/28/2013 10:21:27 AM
I'll take a look at it... maybe... soon.
It's finals/jury week for me right now, so if I'll get to it when I get to it.
(could be years)
#3TMoney650Posted 4/28/2013 10:28:42 AM
omg YES ive been waiting for this since November 6 thank you based god
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#4bd0g5Posted 4/28/2013 10:31:52 AM
I quickly played your map and got stuck on a lift

good job good effort
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#5That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 10:35:33 AM
The lift throws you high enough to make it off even if you jump in from the exit. The only way you could get stuck is if you refuse to get off and keep falling back down to try and get around the lift.

Just for you, though, I'll add a little safety ledge so players can jump out if they pull a Bdog.
---
#6bd0g5Posted 4/28/2013 10:50:17 AM
That1Guyy posted...
The lift throws you high enough to make it off even if you jump in from the exit. The only way you could get stuck is if you refuse to get off and keep falling back down to try and get around the lift.

Just for you, though, I'll add a little safety ledge so players can jump out if they pull a Bdog.

The lift was making me only go up a few feet for some reason.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#7PathlessBulletPosted 4/28/2013 10:51:18 AM
Why do you waste your time making maps for a game you dislike so much?
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#8That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 10:54:16 AM
bd0g5 posted...
The lift was making me only go up a few feet for some reason.

I've never had that happen on the first time you get lifted, but I do know it happens when you stay on the lift and let it repeated try to throw you. Eventually it stops lifting you as far.
---
#9JaidabeccaPosted 4/28/2013 11:02:06 AM
Yeah, a group of us just played a quick mess around game on it & the lift is kind of messed up & a few spawned outside the map & died instantly. I say put some kind of railing around the middle so people don't walk off & fix the spawns & grav lift. Other than that, though, it seems like it could be a pretty good map with the way it's laid out.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#10That1Guyy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 11:12:52 AM
I put a one way shield on the top of the lifts, hopefully that fixes the problem with them. Did both teams spawn outside the map or just the blue team? I recall when placing blue team's spawn points a point phased through the floor piece and disappeared. I guess it might have fallen through into the water. I'll try to find it with the underwater glitch, but I might have to delete them all and replace them.

I also made a few changes to the top of the map so you can't jump out of the map.
---