Halo 4 is an EVOLUTION of a franchise

#1Drag_ZEROPosted 4/28/2013 6:00:36 AM
Okay, we get it. So many of you wanted Halo 3 with new maps and guns, we get it. But that's not how franchises are supposed to be. They're supposed to change while still keeping their core elements. Things like adding in customizable loadouts, sprint, and armor abilities don't "kill" the experience, they evolve it in ways that still make it feel like Halo at its core. Now I don't like all the changes they made (I feel like the ordinance system in particular is handled HORRENDOUSLY in this game, and Big Team is horribly messed up due to PP + Plasma spawns), but still I appreciate that 343 is actually attempting to evolve the franchise rather than keep it exactly the same.

Also, I feel like "it's a CoD clone" is the new thing people say when they're mad that a franchise changes. Do you people even know what a CoD clone is? MoH is a CoD clone. Crysis 2 tried to be like CoD. Games like Halo 4, Gears Judgement, and Ghost Recon: FS (yeah I was getting a third-persona tactical shooter was "exactly like CoD" go figure) evolve some elements that yes, are similar to CoD. But adding in the ability to sprint doesn't make you CoD, it gives you the ability to sprint -_-

/rant
#2iRGushPosted 4/28/2013 6:42:04 AM
its not evolution

its change for the sake of change that made the game tremendously worse that it could've been
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#3SunDevil77Posted 4/28/2013 6:52:14 AM
Prepare your butthole, man
---
If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten...And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
#4metroidman92Posted 4/28/2013 10:01:28 AM
I find it hilarious that people were fine with Halo being a trend setter way back when, and now hate that CoD is the current trend setter.

I suppose that's where a lot of anti-CoD fanboyism stems from...

OT: I agree, 343 was trying out a newer formula and it may or may not have worked. That's just part of the process; experimentation. Bungie changed a lot from Halo to Halo 2, but most of it seemed to work fine. 343 just wasn't as lucky, but might get it with Halo 5. (And if it's on the next gen system, who knows what they can do)
---
Finding it, though... that's not the hard part. It's letting go.
#5DvoloS88Posted 4/28/2013 10:13:24 AM
I agree to an extent but your on the wrong message board to be talking positive about this game. Seriously just ignore the list of trolls that will soon follow.
---
I troll the trolls...
#6elitewarrior500Posted 4/28/2013 10:14:50 AM
I agree to an extent but your on the wrong message board to be talking positive about this game. Seriously just ignore the list of trolls that will soon follow.

u mad cause u bad
---
GT:LegendaryFalco
man they got that BK Dino host - Be Kay Elite
#7That1GuyyPosted 4/28/2013 10:55:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8DvoloS88Posted 4/28/2013 10:20:48 AM
elitewarrior500 posted...

u mad cause u bad

^^^Just one example.
---
I troll the trolls...
#9MsheridanTREATDPosted 4/28/2013 10:25:48 AM
elitewarrior500 posted...

u mad cause u bad

---
@Msheridan1999
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#10enterthemadroxPosted 4/28/2013 10:31:56 AM
Well TC, some people will never understand that and will complain regardless with their trolling and immaturity. Reminds me of music fans who like a band and then that band becomes more widely known so they hate anything new the band releases, even if the natural progression is constantly improving due to having more knowledge and a back catalog to build from.

Oh well, if I hadn't been on the console at all to play Halo 4 in recent weeks, I'd probably stop visiting this board anyway because I'm tired of the trolls constantly complaining and insulting those who don't agree with their silly opinions.

Now that all the DLC has released, I'm only interested in new Spartan Ops now and I could easily just check on Wikipedia or something every few weeks to find out when that releases.
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington