Halo 4 is an EVOLUTION of a franchise

#21That1GuyyPosted 4/28/2013 11:02:18 AM
There's nothing wrong with trying to evolves the series, but I like my evolutions to be well thought out and to happen slowly. 4 seems like it added a lot of features just because they're popular in Call of Duty and not because they're good decisions for the game. Plus, I don't really think any other entry in the series changed the base mechanisms as much as 4 did.

Tried to edit and accidentally deleted the post.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#22lderivedxPosted 4/28/2013 11:30:45 AM
lol

halo apologists are hilarious
---
I've been known to write some pretty good stuff from time to time. Just ask the mods. They probably know me like a brother by now. -MIxeD
#23Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/28/2013 1:01:50 PM
Me being a longtime halo fan and liking halo 4 I will say the same thing I said in Jakethenoob's "343i hired people who hate halo" topic and that's it is better to change the game than to stay the same. 343i made a good halo game but will have to really improve for the next one. I can almost guarantee that if halo 4 was nothing more than halo 3 with updated graphics the complaints would be "it's the exactly same game as before".
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#24That1GuyyPosted 4/28/2013 1:08:23 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
it is better to change the game than to stay the same.

Change for the sake of change is exactly why Halo 4 is terrible, though.

Nobody asked for Halo 3 HD. But we also didn't ask for Halo of Duty.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#25lderivedxPosted 4/28/2013 1:13:59 PM
I find it amusing how much people defend arbitrary change while the best selling and most played game on xbl shows that you don't need to radically change from game to game.
---
Derive's posts are like orgasms... that actually revolve around logic and reasoning. I enjoy reading them. - MIxeD
#26LTferretPosted 4/28/2013 1:36:36 PM
lderivedx posted...
I find it amusing how much people defend arbitrary change while the best selling and most played game on xbl shows that you don't need to radically change from game to game.

It also proves that you don't need a decent netcode or hit detection either >_>
---
Why do people run from me?
#27Drag_ZERO(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 2:08:39 PM
Some of the changes are really stupid, like Personal Ordinance, perks, etc, but a lot of the changes are also rather good, like multiple primaries, constant sprint, etc. Some things worked and others didn't. At least they tried, so that for Halo 5 they can take the things that worked and improve on them, and leave the things that didn't.
#28lderivedxPosted 4/28/2013 2:18:03 PM
At least they tried

It feels like the people who say this never won anything, but got gold stars for trying.
---
XD your logic is beyond flawless. In fact, it's so far beyond flawless that it's gone full circle and become completely moronic. - Burnzie
#29Johnny_Jon_117Posted 4/28/2013 2:24:16 PM
Drag_ZERO posted...
Some of the changes are really stupid, like Personal Ordinance, perks, etc, but a lot of the changes are also rather good, like multiple primaries, constant sprint, etc. Some things worked and others didn't. At least they tried, so that for Halo 5 they can take the things that worked and improve on them, and leave the things that didn't.

Exactly. They messed some aspects of the game up but they didn't completely ruin it. Some if the things that were implemented were long overdue. With that being said Halo 5 will either be the saving grace for the franchise or will be the final hit in the coffin for the 10 year old franchise.
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#30PathlessBulletPosted 4/28/2013 2:25:50 PM
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
Drag_ZERO posted...

Exactly. They messed some aspects of the game up but they didn't completely ruin it. Some if the things that were implemented were long overdue. With that being said Halo 5 will either be the saving grace for the franchise or will be the final hit in the coffin for the 10 year old franchise.

Or it will be just another stepping stone in the franchise that people will still buy and proceed to ***** about.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."