Why does the "community" here hate the faster pace of Halo 4?

#1dragoonsoulPosted 4/28/2013 2:40:40 PM
The slow paced nature of past games was putting the masses to sleep. Halo 4 quickened the pace and made it much more exciting and adrenaline inducing. (active camo AA notwithstanding)

What was the appeal in moving like a snail across small and cramped maps? Why do most of you apparently prefer statically placed power weapons over the more fun ordinance drops? Every match in past Halo's boiled down to the same thing:

A) Rush power weapon drop that everyone knows about (map knowledge is an over exaggerated skill by fans since one match on that particular map had the spawn drilled into your head forever)

B) Pot shots with BR/DMR + jumping + grenade spam + panic melee

Just talking about it is putting me to sleep! Haha.

Thankfully with Halo 4 they solved this problem by making the power weapon drops dynamic and allowing class customization to spice up starting weapon loadouts. This not only added a fun new sense of randomization to every match but also added an additional layer of skill to every engagement because you have to be prepared for anything.

I just cannot understand how anyone can be against 343's attempts at remedying the slow and eye dropping pace that was Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo Reach.
---
"Funny thing about being a game designer, there's 5 million people who think they know my job better than I do." ~Demize99
#2lderivedxPosted 4/28/2013 2:48:33 PM
Thankfully with Halo 4 they solved this problem by making the power weapon drops dynamic and allowing class customization to spice up starting weapon loadouts.

Basically they catered to ADD children.
---
in PvP... the Grammardin is invincible. But in PvM I find the Mathazon to be much stronger... as long as you've maxed out Derivatives.-wing
#3jakethenoobPosted 4/28/2013 2:59:35 PM
13 year olds with ADD are not the "masses".
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#4lderivedxPosted 4/28/2013 3:01:03 PM

clearly not as the game is being beat by a sports game, a game with horrendous graphics, and 2 cod games in UUs.
---
this is a shining example of why people with alternating caps in their names are treated like special children. - Sin
GT: i derive dx
#5ODommPosted 4/28/2013 3:01:13 PM
jakethenoob posted...

Umm as much as I'd like to say they aren't, they really are nowadays.
---
The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist...
~~STAY IN THE FAIRWAY~~
#6SterlingFoxPosted 4/28/2013 3:06:19 PM
dragoonsoul posted...
The slow paced nature of past games was putting the masses to sleep.

And this is clearly demonstrated by the fact that Halo 4's population bombed faster than any other Halo. Because the old games were unpopular, and Halo 4 fixed that.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#7That1GuyyPosted 4/28/2013 3:09:07 PM
I don't think you understand pacing if you think 4 is faster than CE, 2 or zero bloom Reach.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#8bd0g5Posted 4/28/2013 3:25:35 PM
AAs generally cause more standoffs, good try.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#9dragoonsoul(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 3:27:25 PM
bd0g5 posted...

What do you mean?
---
"Funny thing about being a game designer, there's 5 million people who think they know my job better than I do." ~Demize99
#10SterlingFoxPosted 4/28/2013 3:31:22 PM
dragoonsoul posted...
bd0g5 posted...

What do you mean?

I assume he means situations like where you'll be shooting somebody, and they'll throw up a hardlight shield and just prolong things. Or where you used to get bubble shield standoffs, or armor lock fights.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA