Official "how low can the Halo population go" topic

#21CorrikPosted 5/2/2013 6:45:42 PM
Halo really lost the feel of Halo after Halo 2.

Having played Halo 2 and 1 extensively... I can tell you I cannot play Halo 3 or 4 the same way (never played reach).

I really am turned off by the random drops of weapons too...

Halo 1 and 2 was always about controlling the power weapons and setting up around them.

Halo 4 with random drops and such just seems much more... random... and that's not as fun to me.
---
Currently playing WoW on Magtheridon: Main = Corrik
Xbox Live GT = "Corrik"
#22BurstBearPosted 5/3/2013 5:22:51 AM
VauntX posted...
Population reached a new low of 27,175 yesterday.

I predict breaking 25 by the weekend.

EDIT: http://majornelson.com/2013/05/01/live-activity-for-week-of-april-22nd/

Oh, it gets better. Apparently Halo 4 is now 6th on the live charts, now below NBA 2K13.

Yes, Halo 4 is being beaten by a basketball game released a month before it. That was produced by... Jay-Z? Da ****?

A moment of silence for our fallen game series please.

That's actually pretty hilarious.
#23biohazard1775Posted 5/3/2013 10:13:38 PM
Ouch.
---
http://i.imgur.com/s4M4rL6.gif
Here there will be retribution.
#24JFKandLBJPosted 5/4/2013 8:25:58 AM
Black Ops would probably have a much higher population if their fanbase wasn't spread out through like 5 different games...

That being said, it is sorta sad considering 343 really did TRY and salvage whatever they had of a Halo game, what with the weekly updates and the barrage of DLC maps. I can't help but feel it is not unlike a surgeon trying desperately to keep his patient from flatlining.

CLEAR! <Majestic DLC>

CLEAR! <Rumble Pit>

CLEAR! <Weapons Buff>

Yeah, I am sure the fine folks at 343i are too busy throwing paper balls around the office and flicking rubber bands with paper clips at each other to be doing anything constructive enough to save this game...
#25DJ_GunnerPosted 5/6/2013 1:08:14 PM
It's too late to save it. The damage was done the first few weeks, and the specialization and map pack debacles just sealed the deal. I knew this game wouldn't hold on to a large playerbase, but I'm actually pretty shocked that the numbers have dropped this low, this fast. Reach, as many problems as it had, still rarely dropped lower than 65k, and was back up well over 100k shortly before H4 hit.

I seriously wonder what 343 thinks of having the least successful Halo MP in history?
---
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5
#26TheIastspartanPosted 5/13/2013 9:48:40 PM(edited)
I was just on today around noon. Most playlists only had around 60 players, with Swat, Infinity Slayer, and Big Team each having around 500.

Now obviously it wasn't a prime time, but I almost cried. It's just not the same anymore.
#27COG_KillaPosted 5/13/2013 10:00:13 PM
I was just on today around noon. Most playlists only had around 60 players, with Swat, Infinity Slayer, and Big Team each having around 500.

Now obviously it wasn't a prime time, but I almost cried. It's just not the same anymore.

I remember the counts in the game were way off. The game said like 500 in IS, but waypoint said 5000
---
Eeehhhh I don't really like to play with others.
#28TheIastspartanPosted 5/13/2013 10:06:27 PM
COG_Killa posted...

I remember the counts in the game were way off. The game said like 500 in IS, but waypoint said 5000

Ah, that makes sense. I was hoping it wasn't actually that low.
#29DvoloS88Posted 5/14/2013 5:40:58 AM
Before I diagnose the problem with halo 4 and how quickly it fell let me say I am not a 343i fan boy blindly defending this game. IMO the main reason halo 4 got so boring and left behind by so many people is... Lack of maps from launch which includes variety of maps for different playlists. Think about it, halo 4 only had 9 maps to start, Ragnarok doesn't count because its a remake. No matter how good or bad game play may be no body wants to play the same maps over and over, which is exactly what happens in halo 4. Not to mention all the missing playlists dumb ass 343i thought halo 4 didnt need. Halo 5 better have at least 12 original maps from launch not including remakes and it BETTER have all the play lists that have been added to date as well as BTB objective, bomb assault and one flag. Other wise I will join the band wagon and hate on 343i as much as you guys do HAHA.
---
I troll the trolls...
#30Spoke_WreckerPosted 5/14/2013 7:27:49 AM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
From: Spoke_Wrecker | Posted: 4/30/2013 8:09:16 AM | #003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox-lfowevqA

underrated post of the topic FYI FTW LOL OMG

Don't even try

Pokemon board is ----------------> That way kiddo.
---
There's two types of people in this world without beards. Women and Children. I'm a man Ok? I have a beard!
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ GT: SPIDUX