"Just wait until Halo 5" My thoughts on the future of the Halo franchise

#1pcmike2Posted 4/30/2013 11:37:43 AM
I think Halo is losing it's shine. I enjoyed Reach, but it seems that a lot of people didn't like the direction it went, and with Halo 4, it looks like armor abilities are here to stay.

Now that's not a bad thing, people have been wanting sprint in the game since Halo 2, but to me it says that 343 isn't willing to go back to how halo was in the previous games, such as no personal loadouts, no random power weapons on the maps that you work together for map control, no focus on team effort to win.

I feel the major selling point of this game was the return of the master chief, but after that, people left in great numbers faster than any other previous halo game. The removal of things sure helped like no assault, fewer custom game options, and fewer playlists, but what I think drove most people away was the formula of COD-esque like halo. Previous halo games felt like "here, you're set on equal footing, go work with your team to get power weapons/vehicles to win"

Now it's like "here, make your own loadout, go out and see what happens". I feel 343 won't drop that formula, that they'll continue to build upon it and try to improve it rather than going back to the previous formula. And who knows? It might work, but if they do, it means that Halo won't be the same as it ever used to be, and I feel that would be trying to sell an entirely new game that isn't like the Halo we've known over the past 10+ years.

So I think people like Angry Joe are right, that Halo is getting stale and people will probably move to new things. Like Destiny, that looks promising as it may be a big and exciting new universe, Joe was excited about it, and wasn't too eager to review halo 4.

Story-wise, I like the Halo universe, but I'm still waiting on spartan ops season 2. I'm talking about the multiplayer.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2Sephiroth9704Posted 4/30/2013 12:28:48 PM
i cant stand this topic
#3pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 12:36:57 PM
Sephiroth9704 posted...
i cant stand this topic

So you'll post in the topic bumping it up?
---
#4xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/30/2013 12:42:31 PM(edited)
pcmike2 posted...
I think Halo is losing it's shine. I enjoyed Reach, but it seems that a lot of people didn't like the direction it went, and with Halo 4, it looks like armor abilities are here to stay.

Now that's not a bad thing, people have been wanting sprint in the game since Halo 2, but to me it says that 343 isn't willing to go back to how halo was in the previous games, such as no personal loadouts, no random power weapons on the maps that you work together for map control, no focus on team effort to win.

I feel the major selling point of this game was the return of the master chief, but after that, people left in great numbers faster than any other previous halo game. The removal of things sure helped like no assault, fewer custom game options, and fewer playlists, but what I think drove most people away was the formula of COD-esque like halo. Previous halo games felt like "here, you're set on equal footing, go work with your team to get power weapons/vehicles to win"

Now it's like "here, make your own loadout, go out and see what happens". I feel 343 won't drop that formula, that they'll continue to build upon it and try to improve it rather than going back to the previous formula. And who knows? It might work, but if they do, it means that Halo won't be the same as it ever used to be, and I feel that would be trying to sell an entirely new game that isn't like the Halo we've known over the past 10+ years.

So I think people like Angry Joe are right, that Halo is getting stale and people will probably move to new things. Like Destiny, that looks promising as it may be a big and exciting new universe, Joe was excited about it, and wasn't too eager to review halo 4.

Story-wise, I like the Halo universe, but I'm still waiting on spartan ops season 2. I'm talking about the multiplayer.

So based on your analysis above.. Halo 4 is losing players because 343 improved and changed the Halo formula from what it used to be? Added new things like loadouts and made ordinance drops and random map drops to prevent camping power weapons, removed unnecessary additions of useless game types, and Halo is falling behind in the online multiplayer department?

Logic-flawed.

Halo is falling behind because COD is taking over. Halo is still the number 2 shooter online for Xbox live behind Call of Duty. Blackops 2 and Modern Warfare 3 may have more players online, but Halo is still in the top 5 games played on Xbox Live every month, and has been since Halo 3. So what if it doesn't have hundreds of thousands of 12 year old prepubescent teens racking up player numbers? I'd rather compete with adults and more mature players on Halo than risk getting stupider by playing COD with teenagers.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#5pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 12:58:09 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
pcmike2 posted...

So based on your analysis above.. Halo 4 is losing players because 343 improved and changed the Halo formula from what it used to be? Added new things like loadouts and made ordinance drops and random map drops to prevent camping power weapons, removed unnecessary additions of useless game types, and Halo is falling behind in the online multiplayer department?

Logic-flawed.

Halo is falling behind because COD is taking over. Halo is still the number 2 shooter online for Xbox live behind Call of Duty. Blackops 2 and Modern Warfare 3 may have more players online, but Halo is still in the top 5 games played on Xbox Live every month, and has been since Halo 3. So what if it doesn't have hundreds of thousands of 12 year old prepubescent teens racking up player numbers? I'd rather compete with adults and more mature players on Halo than risk getting stupider by playing COD with teenagers.

Who said the halo formula improved?
---
#6xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/30/2013 1:20:20 PM
pcmike2 posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
pcmike2 posted...

Logic-flawed.

Who said the halo formula improved?

It's been improved substantially. Halo 4 plays smoother and more fluidly than any previous Halo game. If you disagree, you're just more partial to an outdated formula. Each Halo game has progressively handled and controlled better when played whether you look at controls, mechanics, the in game physics, character design, hit boxes, etc.
---
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#7hellzyaaahhhhhhPosted 4/30/2013 1:36:57 PM
pcmike2

i think what did it is the fact 343 is making like CoD

if people wanted play CoD they get CoD

people buy halo for halo

other wise we wouldnt have so mini CoD fan boys hating on halo~halo reach
tho i have to say now we have the CoD fan boys defending halo 4 and 343

i wouldn't be surprised if the people at 343 were some the ones posting on halo3/reach fourms with the halo hate and how CoD is better.....
#8__balePosted 4/30/2013 2:09:58 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

http://www.halotracker.com/h4/gotmyprosockson

lol
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#9phillyeagles123Posted 4/30/2013 2:11:19 PM
I'm fine with things like custom loadouts and Armor Abilities, but keep them out of competitive playlists. If Halo 5 has ranked/social playlists, which it definitely should, the ranked playlists can be more stripped down, barebones Halo, as it is much more competitive. The social playlists can include Armor Abilities and custom loadouts since they appeal to the more casual players.
---
Best Signature you've ever seen.
#10xiTz_RyaNxPosted 4/30/2013 2:43:06 PM
__bale posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

http://www.halotracker.com/h4/gotmyprosockson

lol

And guess what? You don't see me being a "virgin tryhard" and complaining about this game, now do we?
---