My Halo 5 Wishlist: The perfect Halo game

#11ssj3bladePosted 5/3/2013 5:09:50 AM
WFG_Elitest posted...
remove sprint and descope, and make it so you can drop the flag. halo 4 is saved

You mean bring back descope. And 343 have already said we won't be able to drop the flag ever because they want us to commit to running it which is good. I prefer not being able to drop it. You should have to press X to pick it up though.
---
http://www.imgur.com/gRn0NSE.png
~ ssj3blade ~
#12That1GuyyPosted 5/3/2013 11:02:33 AM
The flag is about to reset, you're the only one close enough to get a touch on it. You pick the flag up, your team loses its snipe because you were holding it.

Not being able to drop the flag only works in games where you're free to use the weapons you have. Which is what every game that isn't Halo does. Halo actually had a unique flag mechanic before 4. Now it copies every other game in the worst way possible by not even doing it right.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#13ssj3bladePosted 5/3/2013 11:20:01 AM
That1Guyy posted...
The flag is about to reset, you're the only one close enough to get a touch on it. You pick the flag up, your team loses its snipe because you were holding it.

Not being able to drop the flag only works in games where you're free to use the weapons you have. Which is what every game that isn't Halo does. Halo actually had a unique flag mechanic before 4. Now it copies every other game in the worst way possible by not even doing it right.

Exactly. Running the flag should put you at a disadvantage, not allow you to drop it whenever you like to fight off enemies or jump-pass it forward or drop it from level to level etc. I much prefer how it's done now.

And like I said, 343 have said they won't change it.
---
~ ssj3blade ~
#14That1GuyyPosted 5/3/2013 12:03:16 PM
Running it already puts you at a disadvantage by making you move slower without sprint (if juggling is removed) and notifying the other team of where you are at all times, as well allowing enemies to get the first shot off because you have to drop the flag first.

A game that revolves around power weapon control shouldn't cause power weapons to leave the field of play to "force" teamwork. What this does is reduce teamwork because players with power weapons are hesitant to go near the flag.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#15SterlingFoxPosted 5/3/2013 2:44:30 PM(edited)
I'm confused as to why people want the BR to be overpowered again.

The problem, to my understanding, is that the DMR is overpowered and ruins the balance of the game. So what exactly do we solve by having the BR switch places with it? We'd be back in the exact same situation, only the names of the guns will have changed.

Move away from your nostalgia and think logically please. Your overpowered precision from Halo 2 isn't gone, its just changed names to DMR.

Also, why do people think being able to drop the flag is a bad idea, but being able to drop the oddball or bomb is somehow a good idea? Its almost the exact same thing. At the expense of leaving the flag vulnerable, you gain offensive ability. Is called balance.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#16ssj3bladePosted 5/3/2013 3:18:17 PM
That1Guyy posted...
ssj3blade posted...
I'd rather the BR than the DMR that fires vaguely in someones direction from across Ragnarok and somehow 5 them.

Or you know, we could fix the actual problem of this game having too much aim assist and bullet magnetism rather than "fix" the DMR problem by introducing more problems with an inconsistent BR.

That's what I meant. In its current form I would rather have the BR over the aim assist machine. But if aim assist were taken down a notch I would prefer the DMR due the BR's horrible spread at range.
---
~ ssj3blade ~
#17COG_KillaPosted 5/3/2013 3:54:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]