Complete HD Halo 2 remake Vs. Halo 5 - what do you want first?

#21TMoney650Posted 5/1/2013 9:03:03 PM
That1Guyy posted...
TMoney650 posted...
343 needs to focus on reviving a series in decline

Or they could just let sleeping dogs lie. A new trilogy should have never been approved. The series is concluded. But Microsoft needs money and brand names sell.

In theory, that sounds great.

In reality, Halo 4 was the best-selling Halo game yet. There are at least two more games coming, and then remakes/spinoffs/a third trilogy/anything with Halo on the front. Microsoft won't quit if there's money to be made, and Halo is the best Xbox exclusive they've got, so I would expect it to be around for quite awhile.
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#22Demigod_ElessarPosted 5/1/2013 9:47:07 PM
phillyeagles123 posted...
TMoney650 posted...
Why does everyone seem to think a halo 2 remake would be good? The nostalgia would be missing and you know the MP wouldn't be the same. Just look at what 343 did with CEA. 343 needs to focus on reviving a series in decline, not remaking old games to please a vocal minority.

This guy gets it.

To me, it's not just about nostalgia. Obviously that is a big part of it, since I grew up on playing Halo 2 avidly, and I was one of the ones who had Xbox Live on the original Xbox and played it. But I would love a Halo 2 remake simply because it is my favorite Halo game, in regards to both campaign and multiplayer,

I would gladly pay $40 for just a remastered, graphically-enhanced version of the campaign. The expected Halo 2 map pack that would come with it would just be a bonus.

Also, what do you mean by "look at what 343 did with CEA?" Umm, what exactly was wrong with it?
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#23LandonioPosted 5/1/2013 10:12:26 PM
^It wasn't what it was supposed to be, and what Bungie put everyone under the impression that it was going to be (aka, not a map pack for an already s***** game).

The re-mastered campaign was awesome though.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing: Halo 4, Oblivion: GOTY Edition, Banjo-Tooie HD, Ninja Gaiden II, MegaMan 10
#24LandonioPosted 5/1/2013 10:15:16 PM
TMoney650 posted...
Why does everyone seem to think a halo 2 remake would be good? The nostalgia would be missing and you know the MP wouldn't be the same. Just look at what 343 did with CEA. 343 needs to focus on reviving a series in decline, not remaking old games to please a vocal minority.

Not to sound like a dick or anything (I honestly don't mean to), but weren't you like 6 when Halo 2 came out?
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing: Halo 4, Oblivion: GOTY Edition, Banjo-Tooie HD, Ninja Gaiden II, MegaMan 10
#25TMoney650Posted 5/1/2013 10:24:06 PM
Landonio posted...
TMoney650 posted...

Not to sound like a dick or anything (I honestly don't mean to), but weren't you like 6 when Halo 2 came out?

HEY I WAS 8

that's not relevant to my point, I understand h2 is widely considered the best halo by long-time fans. I just think that it would be a step backward for 343 and that they wouldn't get the MP right. By vocal minority I mean that not many casual gamers care about a h2 remake...I think a h2 remake sounds great in theory, but realistically it won't be the same as it was back in the days of original xbox
---
#26Demigod_ElessarPosted 5/1/2013 10:24:57 PM
Landonio posted...
^It wasn't what it was supposed to be, and what Bungie put everyone under the impression that it was going to be (aka, not a map pack for an already s***** game).

The re-mastered campaign was awesome though.

It was exactly what I had always heard it to be: a remastered campaign with a map pack of Halo 1 maps for Reach's multiplayer.

Not Bungie's fault, and unfair to the game, that it was some people's assumptions that it would be a brand new multiplayer reminiscent of Halo 1.
---
#27TMoney650Posted 5/1/2013 10:27:48 PM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
TMoney650 posted...

This guy gets it.

To me, it's not just about nostalgia. Obviously that is a big part of it, since I grew up on playing Halo 2 avidly, and I was one of the ones who had Xbox Live on the original Xbox and played it. But I would love a Halo 2 remake simply because it is my favorite Halo game, in regards to both campaign and multiplayer,

I would gladly pay $40 for just a remastered, graphically-enhanced version of the campaign. The expected Halo 2 map pack that would come with it would just be a bonus.

Also, what do you mean by "look at what 343 did with CEA?" Umm, what exactly was wrong with it?

I loved CEA multiplayer, but it wasn't an exact copy of CE multiplayer like a lot of people wanted.
---
#28Demigod_ElessarPosted 5/1/2013 10:32:38 PM
TMoney650 posted...
Demigod_Elessar posted...
TMoney650 posted...

This guy gets it.

I loved CEA multiplayer, but it wasn't an exact copy of CE multiplayer like a lot of people wanted.

It never was supposed to be... I knew months before the game released that it was simply a map pack for Reach's multiplayer. See my post right above yours.
---
#29TMoney650Posted 5/1/2013 10:45:42 PM
I know, you're right. I'm simply using that as evidence that 343 is unlikely to do a complete remake including identical multiplayer.
---
#30B05S_BrennanPosted 5/1/2013 10:46:14 PM
If the multiplayer was remade, I would want Halo 2 first. If I had to choose between which game we'd get, I would choose 5. But which game I want to get first? Halo 2 HD.
---
"God put obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none whatsoever on our stupidity". -Fr.John Corapi