1v1 GameFAQs Tournament II (SIGN UP THREAD)

#1MrFish86Posted 5/2/2013 1:16:17 PM
There have been quite a few “tier list” type topics floating around the boards as of late, and I thought what better way to see who is truly the best player on these boards (in terms of raw 1v1 talent that is), then to hold the 2nd annual Halo 1v1 tournament!

Now, one thing about Halo 4 that’s a bit different from Halo titles in the past, is that this game is no longer supported by MLG. Normally this would not be a problem at all, but since there is no MLG, there are quite a few “tournament standard” rules being thrown around, which makes it difficult to decide on what the proper rules should be. I thought we could discuss this if need be, but for now I plan to use whatever the most current version of AGL rules that are available.

This brings me to the next issue… the weapon update! As of last night’s weekly update, we learned that the weapon changes will be applied to all playlists on Tuesday June 3rd. Originally I was planning to have this tournament on the Saturday before that, but I think it would be more fun to play with the newly balanced weapons! So the date of this tournament will be….

SATURDAY JUNE 15th!!!

The tournament will begin Noon EST on Saturday June 15th, and is expected to last until 7PM (should you make it to the finals). This will also be a double elimination tournament, with brackets on the website “challonge.com”.

Maps will be decided soon, but here are the maps I was considering….
*Sanctuary (forge island version)
*Simplex (most current version)
*Dispatch (most current version)
*Skyline (if players have the map)
*Monolith (if players have the map)
*Haven (most current AGL version)

I will only be choosing 3 maps to use in the tournament, but those were the few that I thought could be potentially usable. Please post any suggestions on what we should pick, or even list some more maps you guys think we should use.

*PRIZES*

1st place: your choice of 1600MSP OR $20 to amazon.com
2nd place: your choice of 800MSP OR $10 to amazon.com
3rd place: your choice of 400MSP OR $5 to amazon.com
Additional Prizes: Everyone that shows up on time, and plays all of their scheduled matches will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win 100MSP. There will be 4 names drawn from a hat, and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place participants can NOT win these extra points!

So there you have it! Who here thinks they can climb all the way to the top, or better yet, who here wants to have some fun, and see where you stack up amongst your fellow posters? Last Year’s champion was v Bale. Anyone think they can take down the current reigning champion?! So if you are up for the challenge, and want to participate, sign up today!

***Please leave your gamertag and clearly sate that you want to be signed up to the tournament, or else you will not be added!!!***

SIDE NOTE: An easier to absorb information thread will be posted later on once we have all of our maps chosen, and we have our bracket full.
#2ssj3bladePosted 5/2/2013 1:19:24 PM
MrFish86 posted...
Last Year’s champion was v Bale.

vBale sounds like a fusion of Blite and Bale.
#3bd0g5Posted 5/2/2013 1:21:57 PM
yay I was waiting for this :D
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#4EmPee4TyyyPosted 5/2/2013 1:21:57 PM
sign me up: um SnEaKy
---
Oh Yeah!
#5TMoney650Posted 5/2/2013 1:23:39 PM
Right on Fish. I'm not interested in joining but I think this is a great way to bring the community here together.
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#6L337_MuffenPosted 5/2/2013 1:33:13 PM
I'll do it.
GT: L337 Muffen
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#7Spoke_WreckerPosted 5/2/2013 1:39:39 PM
It's on a Saturday, I'm sure I could be apart of it. Let's see if I can make it out of the first round.
---
There's two types of people in this world without beards. Women and Children. I'm a man Ok? I have a beard!
THIZZ IZ WHAT IT IZ GT: SPIDUX
#8MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 1:47:39 PM
Spoke_Wrecker posted...
It's on a Saturday, I'm sure I could be apart of it. Let's see if I can make it out of the first round.

Even if you lose to your first opponent, don't worry because it's double elimination! If you lose again and are eliminated, don't worry again, because you'll have a chance at winning 100MSP just for participating!
#9__balePosted 5/2/2013 2:21:28 PM
IM GOING ALL THE WAY AGAIN BABY

idk 1v1s are so much different in this game.

if you wanna take my advice on maps.. you're gonna have to switch stuff up. i'd gladly play test some maps with you some time (and with others) to try to get some balance in 1v1s, but as of right now, sanc, dispatch, monolith, and haven are unplayable 1v1, as the railgun and sniper are WAY overpowered. i could see sanc POSSIBLY improving if maybe snipe and overshield were both put ring 1, but ran on opposite timers (1 minute each). i dont think you can have 2 snipers in this game ever, its just too easy to snipe. and you cant have one sitting in a sniper hut, cuz its too easy to grab. railgun absolutely cannot be allowed unless each player starts with thruster pack, its pretty much a guaranteed 4 kills every single time you pick it up. i think dispatch is playable 1v1 if you either a) removed snipes or b) put one snipe down bottom middle, and removed the ones on the side, and kept overshield, though dont have it spawn in the beginning).

this means i think simplex and skyline would both work, though again i dont think you can have sticky det on skyline, its too overpowered in 1v1s (though this may change once the BRs kill time is reduced with the update). you may want to look for either a midship or warlock remake, as i dont think maps with snipers are going to work, except maybe with only one sniper as outlined above.
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#10Killean_NuggetsPosted 5/2/2013 2:49:26 PM
Really not a fan of 1v1s on H4 and only really played a handful so far. Either way might as well sign up despite being awful at them.

vBlite to take 1st....... Or get 1st rounded.

Are you going to have seeding for the draw (maybe the reach 1v1 final standings) or just random?
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp