1v1 GameFAQs Tournament II (SIGN UP THREAD)

#111__balePosted 5/8/2013 1:24:57 PM
jc
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#112MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 11:58:54 PM
Little update on the tournament...

Players:
We currently have roughly 28 players signed up to play in this tournament. I say roughly because some players that have signed up are not 100% sure they will be able to/ want to play in the tournament come game day. So that means there are at LEAST 4 spots open before we reach a nice and comfy 32 player bracket! SIGN UP IF YOU'RE EVEN CONSIDERING PLAYING! FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!!!!

Settings:
The settings are finalized, and everyone seems to agree on using AGL v3 settings, but with 1 minor tweak; making suicides -1 points. Other than that, the settings so far are AGL v3. The only change to the settings between now and game day will be the weapon balances 343 puts out on June 3rd.

Maps:
As of now, we have the following maps as potential candidates for the tournament... Sanctuary, Simplex, Rail, and Skyline. All of these maps have been adjusted in terms of weapons and spawns in order to make for a better 1v1 experience. They are all still being tested and fine tuned, but I should have the final maps out sometime soon. I'm still taking suggestions on maps, but once I have them in my file share for everyone, they will not be changed, barring an unforeseen exploit. I will only have 3 maps in rotation, so at least one of these maps will not be used. I'll keep you guys posted on this.

Random Notes:
If anyone has a really good Warlock remake, or any well known map that you feel should be considered as one of the 3 tournament maps, please let me know about it! Also, is there a way to reduce the overshield from 2 layers to 1 layer? I can't find an option to do this, and I've also heard a rumor that the overshield is only 1 layer in CTF due to some glitch with the gametype. Can anyone confirm this, or let me know where I can make adjustments to the overshield?

Other than that, things are looking good! Again though.... Sign up to this tournament even if you're THINKING about participating!!! If you need to back out, I'm sure someone else will take your spot. There are a lot of heavy hitters participating in this tournament, and If you would like to be a part of it, put your name on the list ASAP!!!
#113jesse_skaterPosted 5/9/2013 12:26:14 AM
I played a few 1v1s with Fish earlier. I really like the settings and how he balanced the weapons on the map. I had my doubts at first about the tournament due to halo 4 sucking ass. but honestly, it's shaping up pretty good!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH-8y2YwsLU
Halo 4 Gameplay GT: Jesse I3aker
#114COG_KillaPosted 5/9/2013 12:38:47 AM
Man, I can't find a setting to change OS power anywhere. Just another reason 343 messed up.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#115thefinalgentPosted 5/9/2013 11:27:35 AM
Ill sign up
GT: CARNLV0RE
#116bd0g5Posted 5/9/2013 1:01:54 PM

Random Notes:
Also, is there a way to reduce the overshield from 2 layers to 1 layer? I can't find an option to do this, and I've also heard a rumor that the overshield is only 1 layer in CTF due to some glitch with the gametype. Can anyone confirm this, or let me know where I can make adjustments to the overshield?

I think you'll have to use the V2 settings for the 1 layer overshield.

Play me on rail and skyline later btw
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#117MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:01:55 PM
bd0g5 posted...
Play me on rail and skyline later btw

Sure. I'll be on in a couple hours or so. The more map tests, the better!
#118RobTheTurtlePosted 5/10/2013 12:47:48 PM
imma be imma imma be da winner
---
Check me out at AGL events all over the country! Underrated up and coming player ready to break out. My mom tells me I can do it anyday so look out guys
#119MrFish86(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 8:51:21 PM
I'm getting closer to deciding the 3 maps and the settings we'll be using for the tournament. Still some things to decide between, but I'll have everything sorted out by Tuesday, most likely. When I figure all of this out, I'll post a separate information thread, load everything to my fileshare, and I'll send everyone that's currently signed up a message on XBL telling them to download the maps and settings.

Things are shaping up, and 1v1s are actually fun again in Halo 4. Almost 1 full month until tournament day!
#120DirtBasedSoapPosted 5/12/2013 11:13:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]