Halo 4 infected by Call of Duty

#1XxH3Lf0RsxXPosted 5/8/2013 2:01:59 PM
As the title sais, Halo 4 has many features that are also used in Call of Duty, such as killcam and ordenance.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Sorry for my English grammar, Im from Holland
#2DvoloS88Posted 5/8/2013 2:28:34 PM
We've heard it all before too many times. CoD did not invent all these fps features we have today in most games but I will say the only thing halo 4 ripped straight from cod is the kill cams simply because there exactly the same just slightly more broken in H4. Ordnance drops(also slightly broken) are just a better more realistic way to receive in game power weapons and equipment, that doesn't make them kill streak rip offs. Ordnance does a good job of immersing you in the War Games simulator prospective. Also with your perspective sprinting was a copy and paste as well right? Loadouts as well even though reach introduced that.
---
I troll the trolls...
#3xiTz_RyaNxPosted 5/8/2013 2:44:56 PM
Call of Duty has taken how many elements from other games? And because Halo takes a different yet similar approach to "load outs" and a sprint feature, kill cams that are now in multiple games ranging from Gears of War to Crysis, an ordnance system that resembles care packages that numerous other games also provide.. Yet Halo is "infected" by Call of Duty? No, Call of Duty was infected by every simple game mechanic it originated with that games that came before it had, and any seemingly new ideas COD comes up with are only being recycled and enhanced by other games coming out. "Infected" is the wrong word entirely.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#4lderivedxPosted 5/8/2013 2:48:10 PM
more realistic way

What.
---
0.999... = 1. Deal with it. If you disagree, I'm happy to show you why you're wrong.
GT: i derive dx
#5LandonioPosted 5/8/2013 3:39:47 PM
How 'bout "polluted"?
---
ROLL TIDE
#6jakethenoobPosted 5/8/2013 3:43:54 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
We've heard it all before too many times. CoD did not invent all these fps features we have today in most games but I will say the only thing halo 4 ripped straight from cod is the kill cams simply because there exactly the same just slightly more broken in H4. Ordnance drops(also slightly broken) are just a better more realistic way to receive in game power weapons and equipment, that doesn't make them kill streak rip offs. Ordnance does a good job of immersing you in the War Games simulator prospective. Also with your perspective sprinting was a copy and paste as well right? Loadouts as well even though reach introduced that.

WHO CARES? It doesn't change the fact that if CoD didn't make killstreaks, loadouts, regen health etc. popular, plenty of games today that have these things would never had had them. Which would be a good thing.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#7DvoloS88Posted 5/8/2013 4:02:48 PM
lderivedx posted...
more realistic way

What.

Instead of power weapons/equipment coming from no where or spawning with no reason in a sense, they now come from infinity orbital dropped down. In terms of halo 4s perspective on war games (war simulation) its a more realistic way to receive those weapons/power ups.
---
I troll the trolls...
#8COG_KillaPosted 5/8/2013 4:19:40 PM
why is realistic better?
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#9bd0g5Posted 5/8/2013 4:44:37 PM
COG_Killa posted...
why is realistic better?

It isn't, dvolos blindly rides 343s D.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#10L337_MuffenPosted 5/8/2013 5:57:52 PM
jakethenoob posted...
DvoloS88 posted...

WHO CARES? It doesn't change the fact that if CoD didn't make killstreaks, loadouts, regen health etc. popular, plenty of games today that have these things would never had had them. Which would be a good thing.

Wot?
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen