6 months later what do you think of halo 4 and the future of halo games?

#11Johnny_Jon_117(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 11:36:46 AM
lderivedx posted...
I'm not sure you know what ambiguous means.

Also, how does it make sense to claim that 343i changed H4 in a "good" way when the online population has plummeted?

I meant to spell "ambitious" and to answer your question the population wasn't going to stay in the millions when you got other big trendy shooter games too.
---
Every game is overrated because the Internet hates everything and wants anything that's going up to go down. Like a true villain.
#12jakethenoobPosted 5/9/2013 11:39:46 AM
I think 6 months later there's still no BTB objective
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#13SunDevil77Posted 5/9/2013 11:45:15 AM
That1Guyy posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
That's good story telling. They're making a trilogy. It would be a horrible idea to make all of Chief's characterization happen in the very beginning of the trilogy.

As of right now there is no trilogy. Only Halo 4. And in Halo 4 the Chief still isn't much of a character. They spent the whole game trying to get rid of the character that has been preventing the Chief from being an actual character himself. He's had minimal development.

...you...you serious?
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#14That1GuyyPosted 5/9/2013 12:35:05 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
...you...you serious?

The Chief went from two dimensional classic action hero "always knows what to do with the occasional one liner," to, "oh, man, I lost only friend, for the first time in my character existence I am sad and don't know what to do," plus Lasky asked him an existential question that challenged his beliefs and then the game immediately ended.

The game set him up for development, but until 343 follows through in Halo 5, he still isn't a good character because he hasn't actually developed.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#15colma919Posted 5/9/2013 12:39:51 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
That1Guyy posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
That's good story telling. They're making a trilogy. It would be a horrible idea to make all of Chief's characterization happen in the very beginning of the trilogy.

As of right now there is no trilogy. Only Halo 4. And in Halo 4 the Chief still isn't much of a character. They spent the whole game trying to get rid of the character that has been preventing the Chief from being an actual character himself. He's had minimal development.

...you...you serious?

I agree...chief is not the chief I remember.
---
GamerTag: ChiefWiggum119
#16Drag_ZEROPosted 5/9/2013 12:53:11 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
343 made a lot of mistakes. A lot. But through these mistakes, they have learned a ton about what fans want. I'm positive that they will use this knowledge throughout the entire development of Halo 5.

And almost all of their mistakes regarded multiplayer. The campaign in Halo 4 was fantastic. Chief turned into a truly dynamic character in this installment. The promethians are good enough, I hope they tweak them a bit in H5 to make them more fun to fight though. The visuals were gorgeous, especially for an ancient piece of hardware.

Halo might not be as prevalent of a franchise as it used to be, but the same can be said about almost any franchise, these days, most likely due to the almost twice as long console cycle. It will be very interesting to see what Halo has in store for us with a more experienced company, and brand new hardware.

This. For a first try, Halo 4 is amazing. Yeah they messed up in some aspects of the multi, but they are listening to the fans and will correct these problems for Halo 5.
#17COG_KillaPosted 5/9/2013 1:25:06 PM
there are two things that are good about halo campaigns: Marty and Johnson. And since Marty no longer has anything to do with Halo, and Johnson's dead, God rest his virtual, black-guy soul, the only thing that matters now is multiplayer.
---
When i'm alone I strip, cover myself with Vaseline, lay in my neighbor's garden and pretend I am a slug.
#18SunDevil77Posted 5/9/2013 1:25:14 PM
That1guy, you don't understand the purpose of a trilogy.
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#19SterlingFoxPosted 5/9/2013 1:26:53 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
343 made a lot of mistakes. A lot. But through these mistakes, they have learned a ton about what fans want. I'm positive that they will use this knowledge throughout the entire development of Halo 5.

And almost all of their mistakes regarded multiplayer. The campaign in Halo 4 was fantastic. Chief turned into a truly dynamic character in this installment. The promethians are good enough, I hope they tweak them a bit in H5 to make them more fun to fight though. The visuals were gorgeous, especially for an ancient piece of hardware.

Halo might not be as prevalent of a franchise as it used to be, but the same can be said about almost any franchise, these days, most likely due to the almost twice as long console cycle. It will be very interesting to see what Halo has in store for us with a more experienced company, and brand new hardware.

Not "this", and anybody saying "this" is either incompetent or an idealist because its far too simple and ignores 90% of the things that were wrong with 343.

We don't know that they've learned a lot. In fact, what they've been showing us tends to be the exact opposite, with them instead trying to force upon us things THEY want rather than things we want.

So you can't be positive that they'll use anything throughout the entire development of Halo 5. They could think the same stupid things the Halo 4 apologists think and just enforce the changes and mistakes they made even further.

You can be optimistic and say Halo 5 will be better, but we can't be sure that it will be. This was an awful first try for their company, specifically because they even had a solid template and foundation they were working off of but still ****ed it up. Given what they've shown us, I'm more apt to believe that their company just isn't very good and isn't capable of making Halo 5 great rather than that they're a brilliant awesome great company that's going to make Halo 5 the best thing ever.

Anyone saying Halo 5 will be spectacular, even because they've "learned from their mistakes" (which they are very stubborn about denying and arrogant about suggesting their ideas are great and we're just fools), is completely ignoring the concept of talent or ability in the developers.
You could hand them the greatest ideas in the world for Halo 5, but if their developers aren't good then its still going to be awful. Some companies and developers just aren't good at what they do, and just can't make good games. It happens, and its what appears to have happened here as well with Halo 4.
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhjsL2tOkA
#20DericViiperPosted 5/9/2013 1:53:36 PM
no firefight = no lasting power for me.
---
[ Gamertag: Viiper ] [ 3DS: 1977-0177-3689 ] [D3 http://bit.ly/Za6T3A]
Animal Crossing: City Folk [ Das in e 4942-1810-9471 ]