6 months later what do you think of halo 4 and the future of halo games?

#21thedeerzordPosted 5/9/2013 2:54:38 PM
After 6 months since the games release. I have realized that Halo is just a game. Nothing else.
---
"Madam President...May God help us..."
#22That1GuyyPosted 5/9/2013 3:11:06 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
That1guy, you don't understand the purpose of a trilogy.

No, I understand the purpose of a trilogy. What I'm saying is that we should wait for the remaining entries in the series to be released before judging whether or not 343 has done a satisfactory job of making the Master Chief a dynamic character, as you originally said.

Saying, "They're going to finish the rest of his character arc over the next two games," doesn't hold any meaning. Game developers do not predict the future, and saying they're going to make Halo have a strong narrative does not mean it will have a strong narrative until they show it by making the game. Actions speak louder than words, as one would say.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#23darealest47Posted 5/9/2013 3:39:20 PM
6 months ago 343i screwed up and disgraced the halo name. 6 months later 343i is still screwing up and disgracing the halo name. Bungie should've put halo out of its misery after the abyssal game that was halo reach instead of allowing incompetent developers like 343i ruin it even further. #Destiny
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#24SunDevil77Posted 5/9/2013 3:59:49 PM
Quote:SunDevil77 posted...
343 made a lot of mistakes. A lot. But through these mistakes, they have learned a ton about what fans want. I'm positive that they will use this knowledge throughout the entire development of Halo 5.

And almost all of their mistakes regarded multiplayer. The campaign in Halo 4 was fantastic. Chief turned into a truly dynamic character in this installment. The promethians are good enough, I hope they tweak them a bit in H5 to make them more fun to fight though. The visuals were gorgeous, especially for an ancient piece of hardware.

Halo might not be as prevalent of a franchise as it used to be, but the same can be said about almost any franchise, these days, most likely due to the almost twice as long console cycle. It will be very interesting to see what Halo has in store for us with a more experienced company, and brand new hardware.

Not "this", and anybody saying "this" is either incompetent or an idealist because its far too simple and ignores 90% of the things that were wrong with 343.

We don't know that they've learned a lot. In fact, what they've been showing us tends to be the exact opposite, with them instead trying to force upon us things THEY want rather than things we want.

So you can't be positive that they'll use anything throughout the entire development of Halo 5. They could think the same stupid things the Halo 4 apologists think and just enforce the changes and mistakes they made even further.

You can be optimistic and say Halo 5 will be better, but we can't be sure that it will be. This was an awful first try for their company, specifically because they even had a solid template and foundation they were working off of but still ****ed it up. Given what they've shown us, I'm more apt to believe that their company just isn't very good and isn't capable of making Halo 5 great rather than that they're a brilliant awesome great company that's going to make Halo 5 the best thing ever.

Anyone saying Halo 5 will be spectacular, even because they've "learned from their mistakes" (which they are very stubborn about denying and arrogant about suggesting their ideas are great and we're just fools), is completely ignoring the concept of talent or ability in the developers.
You could hand them the greatest ideas in the world for Halo 5, but if their developers aren't good then its still going to be awful. Some companies and developers just aren't good at what they do, and just can't make good games. It happens, and its what appears to have happened here as well with Halo 4.

@SterlingFox
Your panties sure are tight, huh?
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#25JFKandLBJPosted 5/9/2013 4:22:35 PM
Yet he is right.
#26darealest47Posted 5/9/2013 4:33:32 PM
Sundevil77, the man is right. You're just as delusional as dvolo.
---
#27darren19822000Posted 5/9/2013 4:45:14 PM
where is it confirmed that halo 5 will even be made? this game only sold well for what a week? lets just hope that if halo 5 is made they dont get a huge ego and think it would be smart to release it A WEEK BEFORE THE NEW COD. that was the dumbest thing ive ever seen a game company do.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#28darealest47Posted 5/9/2013 4:49:52 PM
darren19822000 posted...
where is it confirmed that halo 5 will even be made? this game only sold well for what a week? lets just hope that if halo 5 is made they dont get a huge ego and think it would be smart to release it A WEEK BEFORE THE NEW COD. that was the dumbest thing ive ever seen a game company do.

I don't know what the hell 343 was thinking trying to compete with an already established call of duty with their first game smh
---
#29lderivedxPosted 5/9/2013 5:04:31 PM(edited)
the population wasn't going to stay in the millions when you got other big trendy shooter games too.

So H4 has less players than an fps with a sequel, two sports games, and an arcade game because the population wasn't going to stay in the millions.

I see.
---
#1 Deriver on H4GB
GT: i derive dx
#30SunDevil77Posted 5/9/2013 5:13:33 PM
Quote:Sundevil77, the man is right. You're just as delusional as dvolo.
@darealest47
The f*** are you talking about? I'm delusional for liking the campaign? I guess that makes hundreds of thousands of people like me..."delusional"
---
You'll...never see me coming.